The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
amcmahon said:
Someone has to have some new model Bordeaux pics? In the sunlight! Let's see them!
I second the motion. I've ordered BRP/Touring/Biscuit and I'd love to see some new pics too.

Was strange ordering a color I hadn't seen in person.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can only go off of pics I've seen and cars I've seen in person with similar colors. As much as I like grey and silver cars I've owned too many black and silver cars. I wanted to break from the most popular color on the road as well. Since I owned a Deep Candy Red Prowler I kind of know what I'm getting into. The Prowler was incredible looking and I hope the Lotus has a similar look in BRP.

·
Registered
712 Posts
That looks like Ruby Red to me. I have lots of pictures someone took of a car going to the LA Autoshow at the beginning of this year, but I have not been able to find the site of where I got them from. So, here is one of the good ones from that list.

It looks like a pretty good color to me. But, I don't want a red car. I have 43 images from that site, but most of them have people posing for the camera. This one is shows the color fairly well, according to the other pics anyway.

PS: Hey Randy, it wouldn't let me upload a .jpeg. I had to change it to .jpg.

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
usofrob said:
That looks like Ruby Red to me.
that car is indeed Bordeaux, it was taken at Birmingham.

The other pic was taken during an overcast so it will look darker anyway.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
shay2nak said:

Interesting. It looks like 2 different shades in those 2 pics. I'd have to say the above one definitely looks more like Ruby Red than Bordeaux but without having seen them in person or having an owner show personal pics I can't really say.

Either way I love the color. I need an Elise in all colors. One for every day of the week. It just looks too good in so many colors.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
amcmahon said:
Interesting. It looks like 2 different shades in those 2 pics. I'd have to say the above one definitely looks more like Ruby Red than Bordeaux but without having seen them in person or having an owner show personal pics I can't really say.

Either way I love the color. I need an Elise in all colors. One for every day of the week. It just looks too good in so many colors.
i agree that the color in the pic of the rear of the car looks nicer. I can also tell you that the other pic is a federal car. You can tell from the raised radiator outlet grill. No 111R or federal Elise is painted in Ruby Red, as far as I know.

·
Registered
92 Posts
As long as we are on the subject of colors, when is the "official" Lotus web site going to finally have snapshots of ALL the colors? Only a small handful of colors have pics.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Z0650TH said:
As long as we are on the subject of colors, when is the "official" Lotus web site going to finally have snapshots of ALL the colors? Only a small handful of colors have pics.
yeah!
I have no idea. I don't know what is taking them so long. I want to see Graphite, Nightfall Blue and Black. How come Laser Blue is not there at all?

·
Registered
712 Posts
shay2nak said:

Yeah, I guess it really is Bordeaux. In the background of your pic, it looks like there is a Laser Blue Elise. And, why would the block out the front license plate area in such a manner on that Elise? I would wonder if it had some sort of european plate on it. Hey, and where are the side reflectors, and why is it a Right Hand Drive car? I don't think that picture was taken at Birmingham.

Oh, and for reference, this is supposedly a Ruby Red car on what looks like another overcast day:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
It sounded like color might be a dertermining factor of production date but I talked to my dealer Friday and he did not think so and even had an "order" number for my car and approximate production date of the week of July 12th. Do you think Louts will run a number of Bordeaux cars all at once during that week? Oh, I'll be over there for the British GP and hope to go by the factory and see the production.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
In the link to the Bordeaux pics I back tracked to the colors. The image they have as a link for Bordeaux is Ruby Red for sure. The one's under the link are Bordeaux which makes it look like it has 3 tints. Definitely going to be an interesting color. Some pics it almost looks brownish. Others deep red. But what I'm getting at is the pics for Storm Titanium are Graphite Grey I'm pretty sure. Storm Titanium isn't that dark.

Also looking at that Bronze color:no: That color is plain NAZZY!

>edit-- I now think the first pic posted is actually Bordeaux because it has a brownish tint to it. Ruby Red looks more like it has a rose tint under light. Of course we all know how cameras and monitors vary in actual appearance. Have to wait and see I guess. Only 6 months to wait. *sniff*

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Beautiful, thanks for posting these Robert.

Is that you in the pic? If so can you tell us how the ride is in the non LSS car? What are your opinions of the color in person?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Robert, thanks for the new pics. When I saw them, I nearly soiled myself. These confirm why I went with BRP over AR.

Thanks!

PS. Car will look really sharp with gull wing hard top.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Out of curiosity will they be offering the gull wing hardtop for us? It's not a dealer option so if it came out shortly after I might be bummed that I'm ordering the HT option

1 - 20 of 26 Posts