The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking the inertia switch wiring today and my hand brushed the orange fuel line disconnect clip, the fuel line promptly disconnected! I reconnected it and clipped it down using the orange retainer clip, but it did not appear to hold very well, as the clip decided to bulge at the sides when fastened, threatening to come off again.

I am concerned about this rigging, and would like suggestions on either replacement of the disconnect mechanism, or entirely of the fuel line and connector. Anyone here have such experiences?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Nosuggestions, other than good quality AN fittings, but I wanted to thank you for one of the clearest pictures of the reset switch I have seen. The tank in the picture finally gives me a good landmark to find mine (should I need to in the future).

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Yes, i had mine come apart just after starting down the road from a cold start.
Lots of gasoline spewing on the engine, etc.
I reattached it and safetywired it as one would on any aircraft piece like it.
Lucky i didn't have to write my nice new toy off!
I'll look for the picture...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At what point in the line would I start and terminate the AN adapter/fitting and lines? A single line all the way from the pump to the fuel rail?

And perhaps this would be a good time to install an inline fuel filter accessible from the engine bay...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know what the connector is to the fuel pump housing (termination of #14 in the diagram above)?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts