The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(Lets try this discussion again, without breaking any rules...)

Has anybody tried this Weapon R product out yet?

It has been available for Celicas for over a year now, and it made decent low-midrange gains before all the Toyota people lost interest and jumped on the PPE race header bandwagon. Dynos and discussion can be seen here: Weapon*R GTS Street Header Special!!! - NewCelica.org Forum

Plus after a Google Product Search search, you can find some hard to beat prices for this power adder, costing less than $300 shipped on many websites.

What do you guys think about this bang-for-your-buck mod?

Anybody planning on purchasing this header, and doing a dyno on the Lotus ECU?

(I hope I'm not breaking any rules this time now that this thread is formatted just like my other discussion threads...if I am...please give me a second warning. Again, I apologize for my vendor'esque look for the last thread I made. I have no intentions to be a vendor here. I have no affiliation with Weapon R...nor any of the other companies I posted about previously...so I am NOT selling this product. In fact, I'd rather invest in the more expensive PPE race header setup, due to the superior power gains, and I'm certainly not affiliated with them either. Next time, I will not link you guys to the cheapest site to purchase this header from, and post up the price. I will just leave you guys to doing Google Product Search searches for the best possible price.)

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah. The top range gains are questionable, due to them not posting up the last few hundred rpm's on their dynos. Check out what is says on their site:

Weapon*R Racing Development

Weapon*R header systems deliver incRedible low- to mid-range power gains, while improving ground clearance and Reducing weight by eliminating the middle flanges. Our headers are much lighter than stock systems and are on average two-pounds lighter than our two-piece systems. We dyno test them against the competition, and spend the extra time in R&D to ensure the best fitment for your vehicle. ??Weapon*R headers are precision bent on our CNC mandrel benders. Our flanges are CNC machined, we machine-grind the flange mating surface to ensure a leak-free seal and Tig weld the flange to the header pipes. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing process ensures superior quality and a perfect fit.
So is the advertisement on their site and others :shrug: ...

·
Banned
34 Posts
I have installed the Weapon-R Race Header (d-cat), Weapon-R Intake, and Sector 111 Larini SE Exhaust and this package TRUMPS the stock combo!

Any questions?

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
PM replied bro! For everyone else, here's a website that seems to sell it as a LOTUS product (gee...I wonder what cory1000 would say about that...), and might take quotes for international shipping based on their shipping policies:

Weapon R Street Header for 05-06 Lotus Elise: https://www.upscaleautomotive.com/p-11531-weapon-r-street-header-for-05-06-lotus-elise.aspx

https://www.upscaleautomotive.com/t-termsandconditions.aspx
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS:
We do sell internationally. Shipping to Canada and Puerto Rico can be calculated and checkout can be completed through our website. If you are interested in ordering an item and you live outside of the United States, Puerto Rico, or Canada please contact us for a shipping quote. International orders are typically restricted to a minimum of $500. We reserve the right to refuse to ship internationally for any reason. We reserve the right to refuse to ship body components internationally due to high risk of damage. International customers will be responsible for any applicable taxes/duties incurred and we will not mark down invoices, declare shipments as a 'gift', use incorrect harmonizing codes, or any other method to circumvent taxes/duties. We DO NOT allow cancellations, returns, or refunds for international orders. All items are shipped FOB, meaning that the customer assumes ownership once the package is in the carrier's possession. All international orders must be pre-paid and we reserve the right to require payment by Money Order or Cashier's Check.
Good luck!

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
This may be the ticket. Looks like a nice compromise for those of us that are otherwise content with their systems... May order one in the next 5 minutes..

The stock header is almost offensive in the way it necks down at the port, surely this is a step in the right direction- especially for a supercharged car... Provided the car ever runs again, I'll post some dynos;)

Jim, I'm going for it... you in:D

Best,

Phil

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Mine is now on the way as well... Will we be the first two? $300 header... figured the whole community would have these by now. The stock header necks down to the size of quarter after yamaha did such a nice job of making a nice free flowing port...

Cheers,

Phil

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Neither of us are into cats at all and haven't been for quite some time;)

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This may be the ticket. Looks like a nice compromise for those of us that are otherwise content with their systems... May order one in the next 5 minutes..

The stock header is almost offensive in the way it necks down at the port, surely this is a step in the right direction- especially for a supercharged car... Provided the car ever runs again, I'll post some dynos;)

Jim, I'm going for it... you in:D

Best,

Phil
Hooray!!! :clap: I hope you make some good before and after dyno numbers since you will try to stick with another stock motor build. Hopefully this will convince my Lotus Elise buddy to get one as well until he has the cash for the uber cool PPE race header for top end pwnage.
Mine is now on the way as well... Will we be the first two? $300 header... figured the whole community would have these by now. The stock header necks down to the size of quarter after yamaha did such a nice job of making a nice free flowing port...

Cheers,

Phil
That's because Lotus owners have too much pride to buy a "ricer" product that would actually make low-midrange gains (where you guys seem to prefer the gains), nor have enough money to buy a $1200 race header setup that blows the numbers of any other available header out of the water. I'm sure Dave's amazing top end numbers on this standalone ECU tuned supercharger setup is attributed to that header. I was expecting those numbers to be hit after water injection tuning with a 2zz, and not before with a pulley upgrade.

And who said the header is $300??? In the last vendor'esque weapon r shorty header thread I made, I found a site that had it for $273.90 shipped:

Toyota 00-03 Celica (GTS) Weapon-R Performance Header|Weapon-R Exhaust Header|Weapon-R Performance Auto Parts

;)

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
[QUOTE

And who said the header is $300??? In the last vendor'esque weapon r shorty header thread I made, I found a site that had it for $273.90 shipped:

Toyota 00-03 Celica (GTS) Weapon-R Performance Header|Weapon-R Exhaust Header|Weapon-R Performance Auto Parts

;)
Wow that's a good price. Phil you owe me $25.00 rotfl[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? I went on ebay just like you. We both got taken for 25 bucks. Where's that Celica kid when ya really need him... Rasta, you owe each of us 25 bucks for posting too late-poke-:D:D

going to cost near that to port the stocker...I'm in. damn in CA tax. oh well.

should my EGT sensor go on any particular runner? or at the collector?
Collector will give you a nice average among jugs, but given the equal running nature of our cylinders (no real lean or rich cylinders), you can go with a runner if it's easier...

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
121 Posts
Oh good keep us posted, I was going to order one then wimped out, having to get it sent to the UK just to test was getting expensive especialy if it didn't fit.....

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Did one of you get one before me?!?!

"Dear AJ,

Regarding your order and sorry to inform you this item is on back order from factory up to 4 months. During this reason, your order will be automatic cancelled and nothing to be charge.

Thanks
Customer Service Team
"

anywhere that has them in stock? Going to be desperate to get something in ASAP

Comfirmed with another shop that Weapon R will not be shipping another batch for a long time, so you'll have to find somewhere that actually stocks them.

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
ebay... there were 10 left when i purchased mine...

1 - 20 of 70 Posts