The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-sigh- Is it any nicer in Chicago or Minneapolis? This is the worst winter/spring I recall in years. 40 degrees and constant rain. WTH is going on?, el-nino, el-nina, wrath of Al Gore?:shrug:

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
We had an inch of snow yesterday.

Regardless of whether man-made global warming is true or not, this winter has taught me one thing.

I prefer the warming.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
It's snowing like crazy in Denver today. Saturday it will be 70. Rockies baseball is snowed out. I think our weather is off its medications.

Tom

·
Registered
431 Posts
-sigh- Is it any nicer in Chicago or Minneapolis? This is the worst winter/spring I recall in years. 40 degrees and constant rain. WTH is going on?, el-nino, el-nina, wrath of Al Gore?:shrug:
It SUCKS, look at my forecast: :sad:

This Afternoon: Rain. High near 41. Breezy, with a east northeast wind between 20 and 22 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Tonight: Snow. Widespread blowing snow after 1am. Low around 31. Blustery, with a east northeast wind between 22 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Friday: Snow and widespread blowing snow. High near 34. Breezy, with a northeast wind between 21 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Friday Night: Snow likely and widespread blowing snow. Cloudy, with a low around 28. Blustery, with a north northeast wind between 21 and 24 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Saturday: A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Breezy, with a north wind between 16 and 20 mph

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
From the National Climatic Data Center:

National Overview:

Temperature Highlights
For the contiguous United States, the average temperature for March was 42°F (6°C), which was 0.4°F (0.2°C) below the 20th century mean and ranked as the 52nd coolest March on record, based on preliminary data.
Only three states in the contiguous U.S. were warmer than average for March (Arizona, New Mexico and Rhode Island), while near-average temperatures occurred in 39 states and below average temperatures in seven states.
On the Regional level, much of the U.S. experienced near normal temperatures during March. The East North Central and Northwest regions had below average temperatures.
Virginia had its second-warmest April-March on record with an average temperature of 57°F (14°C), which is 1.9°F (1°C) above the 20th century average.
March temperatures contrasted sharply with those in March 2007, when record breaking temperatures covered large parts of the nation during the last two weeks of the month. The broad area of near-average temperatures this year kept the nation's overall temperature-related residential energy demand for March near average based on NOAA's Residential Energy Demand Temperature Index (REDTI). For the cold season (October-March), the energy demand was 3.1% below the mean period of record consumption and was the 30th lowest value in 113 years.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
It's bad here too Jim. Raining hard and windy...supposed to be the same tomorrow. Tom Skilling even mentioned wet snow for today or tomorrow.....but it's 40 right now, so it's just rain so far. Crappy winter, crappy spring.....June will probably be hot and humid.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Yes it sucks here. It's "character building" days like these that make me mad my family ever left California (but an awesome late spring through early fall make up for alot of the bullsh*t Chicago has to deal with in the winter).

We had 60s last weekend. Snow this weekend? WTF.

·
Registered
180 Posts
77 and clear.

Look on the bright side; when it finally does thaw out, your tracks look like golf courses. Our tracks look like Mars on a hot day. Not to complain, though; racing on Mars beats not racing any day.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
what is it abt these guys from the southwest and florida and stuff coming into the midwest region threads and pissing on our corners?
gloating on our weather woes....
:)

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
what is it abt these guys from the southwest and florida and stuff coming into the midwest region threads and pissing on our corners?
gloating on our weather woes....
:)
I just raced last month at willow springs, and next weekend i get to run again in phoenix..............

it must be 75-80 outside.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I heard it's supposed to be 90 degrees and sunny here all weekend. I guess we are done with the rain until November now.

You get burned out on the constant great weather here even.....well not really.

Hey I paid my dues. Grew up in Minneapolis.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts