The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts

·
Loves to talk
1,059 Posts
I'll get used to it but it seems to take up more space without being easier to navigate. Is this a result of the Yahoo groups debacle? I've seen the similar format changes on other fora. I think the changes may have been forced by circumstance. Be interesting to hear if my theory is operative.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is what I get at work when I make changes to apps, programs, pages, etc. "I like the old one better", "This one doesn't work as good", "Why did you ruin my life?", "I can't stop crying". It's just that the new version takes a little while to get used to. It will become old hat in no time.

·
Premium Member
6,783 Posts
Haven't tried mobile yet, and haven't learned how to make it default to all threads. Hate top threads on top. Typical of the too much effort to read generation.

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
757 Posts
I'm using the new posts feature to do exactly what I did with the old version - see who posted what since the last time I visited. Experience is generally somewhat snappier, which is nice.

·
Illegal Alien
5,007 Posts
like the old format much better

·
Premium Member
6,783 Posts
Dark mode is nice. Just like the rest of the forum, it is an extra layer....

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
where is the "GARAGE" section ??? that is where I put all the parts I bought for my evora????

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I also prefer the old desktop format - I would switch to that on mobile as well. It was much more information dense, whereas the white space use in this format seems much more geared towards aesthetics rather than effective information organization. It's the difference between a narrow-and-deep (a navigation path which typically involves lots of clicks while keeping elements sparse) vs a broad-and-shallow (lots of elements, but not a lot of navigation to get to content) philosophy.

Reactions: cfg_77

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,863 Posts
where is the "GARAGE" section ???
Click on your avatar and 'MY SHOWCASE' should display all the clutter that was in your GARAGE previously. :po_O

1 - 20 of 24 Posts