The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Kiyoshi (khamai) is in town for a couple of days, so I was hoping a few people would like to meet up with this very very cool lotus enthusiast and friend.

Thinking between 5 and 6 in La Jolla! Any other suggestions are welcomed. Basically, he needs to drive to LA afterwards and its a good way for him to pass the time til traffic clears :)

Hope you can make it :)

Lillie

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Hey Lillie/Kiyoshi,
Can you guys delay until a bit past 6PM? Will he be around for that long?

- J

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Forget driving (unless he needs his car.) I can pick him up from the San Juan Capistrano train station and give him a lift to wherever he needs.

Bob

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He drove down from NoCal, so he has a car.

I'm sure we'll be there after 6. He said he gets out of his conference around 4 which I suppose is downtown.

Any ideas where to go?

Lil

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
He drove down from NoCal, so he has a car.

I'm sure we'll be there after 6. He said he gets out of his conference around 4 which I suppose is downtown.

Any ideas where to go?

Lil
L, any ideas? I talked to Kiyoshi and he is up for whatever.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, we can either do a nice dinner somewhere, or a happy hour/snacks/drinks. I'm game for anything, but not very decisive lately.

I was thinking La Jolla or northward (Del Mar maybe?) It seems like Kiyoshi wants to head this way. We could do like Jose's in LJ, which is good and inexpensive mexican. My favorite Thai place is Spice and Rice. Or we could do happy hour at Top of the Cove.

Sorry, I cant think right now. I'm a little under the weather. I'm saving my energy for the weekend in Monterey :)

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I can't think either. I have 5 relatives staying here and I am behind in packing/planning for the trip and work to be done.

:)

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Not to take this too far off track, how about some type of meet for the Concorso Italiano? We've got MattG, Adrian and myself. Could be at the Lotus corral at ?? time or...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Packing Randy??????????:D LMAO

Chris
Of course Chris.

What he has to do is take his full regular packing stuff back East. Then he Fed-Ex packages his change of clothes to the various stages of his journey.

Randy is gonna be an expert at both packing and logistics when this trip is over :D

Gil

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Cool... just found an open wireless connection here at the conference...

I'm up for dinner after 6. Mex or whatever. I'm in no hurry. Just need to get up to Torrance and catch a few ZZZs before my meetings tomorrow.

Cheers!
Kiyoshi
(Lillie/Randy)... call me on cell when the location/time is settled

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I am easy. I love Thai. Mexican is fine too.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AAAAAACCKKKK!

Fine! We're going for Thai! Some spicy soup will make me feel better anyway.

So here it is, Spice and Rice at 7734 Girard Ave at 6:30pm. Let me know who can make it. If there is enough of us, I'll try to reserve a table outside.

Lillie

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Had Thai for lunch. Here we go again!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts