The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I spent this last week and weekend getting a ton of relatively easy and quick mods done to this amazing little car.

Thanks to everyone here on the forums, I have done the mods that were the easiest to do with the greatest impact.

1. Painted wheels black: Makes the car look so much more aggressive and matches nicely with all the black grills on the car
2. Painted Gas Cap: Same as the wheels. So happy with it.
3. Painted Calipers: While the wheels were off, decided to paint the calipers red to match the interior of the car. i don't have a super steady hand to hand paint the lotus lettering on the calipers so I just sanded down the paint to reveal the original silver coloring.
4. Removed the snorkel: WOW, what a difference in SOUND! I don't think it has any performance effects (except that I replaced my old filter which was filthy and I'm hoping this keeps leaves and stuff out of it), but the exhaust sounds so much nicer and you can def here more of a sucking noise when you get on it.
5. HIDS: Bought the kit for Dabears. 35W at 5000k. They look amazing, although I haven't had the chance to see them at night...can't wait though!
6. Shifter Mods: Did both the Sector (the hardware store version) and the Stan's shifter mod. To be honest, I'm not sure I can feel a huge difference, but then again, I haven't tracked my car before/after doing this so I haven't exactly been shifting incredibly hard. cant hurt to do with the minimal effort and time put into it.
7. Tesprite's small mirror kit: Such an improvement in visibility and love the day/night feature.
8. Stealth Blinker's from Bane: No more orange. Great buy at $25.
9. Green Wire mod: No more Day time Driving lights. This was a lot easier than it looked.
10. Air Horns: Went with the Striebel Nautalus air horn. For $40 it was a great purchase and def makes people notice you! People on the side walks jump when i hit the horns now rotfl

This will keep me happy for a while now :clap: now it's time to enjoy the car!

Here are some before after pics (the after pics aren't great but you get the point)

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
black rims/cap really make it pop!
i just bought new rims and opted for black ones, going to powder coat the gas cap/rear diffuser sometime soon too.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Adore the white! Colour not available to us in '05.

tesprit's small mirror mod made me very happy. I could see the road again! Highly recommended. Check the tightness after a few weeks.

Did not see MultiVex mirrors in your list. Highly recommended. Great mod for seeing what's next to you.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments.

I haven't done multivex yet as I really want to do the Craftsquares. I'm just trying to justify the price...but i agree, the standard mirrors are horrid.

As for the badging, I actually kind of like the stock badges. I know they don't go with the color scheme of the car, but it IS a lotus and those are the lotus colors.

I'm sure I will get sick of them and change them eventually, but as for now, I am going to keep them.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Looks great. I personally really liked adding the raised LOTUS to the rear. May not look as good on your color, but for mine (Bordeaux) it was a HUGE improvement over the stickers.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, I am definitely planning on removing the lettering all together and putting on a rear badge. Just not sure I can justify $50 for a silly bagde from sector just yet.

·
Registered
440 Posts
how's driving in NYC?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the BWR badges but again, a full kit for $120 seems pricey.

Driving in manhattan sucks...i keep the car in westchester and only drive it into the city occassionally. You really feel the sport suspension hit in the city...:crazyeyes

·
Registered
182 Posts
check posts by tesprit for micromirror replacement

or search for cipa 31000

1 - 14 of 14 Posts