The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently moved downtown to LA, and I've called Lotus Beverly Hills, Newport Beach, and another independent shop, none of which are open on the weekend. Is it possible to get an oil change anywhere on the weekend? Thank you, guys!

Keith

P.S.
I searched, and searched again... :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Lots of us perform all maintenance, including oil changes, ourselves. One advantage is that you can do it any time you like. The other advantage is cost:clap:. There are plenty of posts on DYI oil changes.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Yes. Call Qais at 310.200.0022 (cell).

Qais was formerly the head mechanic at Lotus of South Bay. He has an independent Lotus shop that just might have Saturday hours. Though, you'll have to hoof it to the South Bay...about 20-30 minutes from downtown LA depending on traffic.

Qais is very knowledgeable, courteous, and professional.

He works on my car as well as the cars of other LT members.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. Call Qais at 310.200.0022 (cell).

Qais was formerly the head mechanic at Lotus of South Bay. He has an independent Lotus shop that just might have Saturday hours. Though, you'll have to hoof it to the South Bay...about 20-30 minutes from downtown LA depending on traffic.

Qais is very knowledgeable, courteous, and professional.

He works on my car as well as the cars of other LT members.
Sweet, thank you :)

I would change the oil myself if I had a garage to work in. Alas, I've got a tiny compact parking stall, and the establishment where I live would be unhappy if I was changing oil in it. I used to do all my own maintenance.

k.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If for some reason you can't get in there this weekend, call David at Washington Tire (323) 731-0781. He did some work (oil change, brakes, headlights and tires) on my Lotus after it was traded in and before I bought it. He's professional and honest and knows what's entailed when doing an oil change on our cars. He's open from 8am - 3pm on Saturdays.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
If for some reason you can't get in there this weekend, call David at Washington Tire (323) 731-0781. He did some work (oil change, brakes, headlights and tires) on my Lotus after it was traded in and before I bought it. He's professional and honest and knows what's entailed when doing an oil change on our cars. He's open from 8am - 3pm on Saturdays.
This thread is over 3 months old. Hopefully he's gotten his oil changed already. It is, however, always good to know of other options that are available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts