The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What: car folk getting together to chat and admire some exotics
When: Every Saturday at 9am (8:30am for show area)
Where: Redmond Town Center (google map & directions)

The gathering that used to be Exotics on Old Main grew too big for the location and was drawing negative attention from the local residents so early on a Saturday morning and to be frank, the parking was atrocious, so it has been moved to Redmond. Tom(TommyJames) and Vic(Apple Sauce) from 6speedonline&ferrarichat have kindly secured the blessing of the management at Redmond Town Center for the event at this location.

The focus is on Exotic, rare and classic cars, but all are welcome. After all it's really all about the people getting together to admire fine autos and chat. There's a number of nearby coffee shops, plenty of available parking for everyone, and pastries have been provided a number of times too.

Arrive early if you're bringing a car you want to be part of the show area.

Note: the organizers are attempting to keep the show area of the event classy so as to attract the more expensive exotics and rare garage cars, if you're bringing your car for the purpose of show, they ask that you don't bring a rustbucket or a fast and furious neon racer. While the event is really about the people not the cars, convincing people to bring their cars to share is a major perk.

Official start time is 8:30am, if you're not here to showcase your car and just want to chat/hang out, I recommend showing up after 9am when parking decisions have settled down.

You can find the event here: Exotics at Redmond Town Center

And here's where to park (the angled parking is on purpose):

Attachments

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's some shots from the first one, the event has more than doubled in size since then. But this should give you a starting idea of what it's like.

There's some *much* better pictures posted on Ferrarichat and 6speedonline by real photographers. =)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
There is also a resturaunt open and a place to get coffee.

This is a very professionally run event. We even direct the cars as to where to park and how (what angle) to park. We do this to keep it organized and photogenic.

The event is open to everyone! The local businesses support us, so we try to support them. If you do go in to a busniess, it is always helpful to let them know what brought you there.

I'm not sure if I'll be there this weekend but if I get the brakes done on the truck I will be.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looks like fun! Is this EVERY sat? My RSX isn't worthy, but i'd love to come chat with a few lotus owners.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This happening today, or is it weather dependent?
Officially one of the hosts like to tell everyone it's canceled if there's a chance of rain. Unofficially the word doesn't get out so there's always someone showing up. I'll be there today, but I expect a reduced crowd. Tommy posted on ferrarichat and 6speed canceling it. There's also an event at Lambo of Bellevue which it looks like a lot of folks will be at that's at 11-1pm.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No one else made it to Belles. I might be only one at RTC too. If you make it to the Lambo of Bellevue BBQ I might see you there.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I'm not gonna make it today to any of it.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not gonna make it today to any of it.

Enjoy!
Medium Rain = low turnout, even if it's not canceled. There was 2 of us at Belle's, and only 4 of us at RTC, hanging out in the rain talking about cars. We'll see if it's any better at the Lambo BBQ.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
currently yes.

Redmond town center. However, these are weather dependent so you'll have to make the call on that if you leave before Thursday evening. That is normally when we make the weather call.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts