The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I couldn't initially find E-Daddys original post I'm re-posting this:
E-Daddy asked me if I would be willing to help put together a (Berkeley/Berkeley Hills) weigh in and drive. I thought it sounded like a fun idea. :up:
Griffin Motorwerke in Berkeley is hosting a Lotus weigh in($20 per car) on sunday April 6th. "Curly" says he can be there @11:00am. I think $20 is a pretty good deal as I was quoted $85 by another shop. They have a set of those accurate individual cornerweight scales.
They are hoping to also sell some of us race seats, 5/6 pt harnesses, driving shoes, etc(I'll probably finally buy a pair of Pilotti driving shoes).
After the weigh off (say 1:00pm)we will go up to Grizzly Peak Blvd and have a nice easy going drive(too many bicyclists and cops up there for anything more;)).
Then a bbq afterward at my house(2:00pm) nearby.:shrug: Good excuse to buy a new Weber..:D I am guessing that I can fit 8 or 9 Loti in my driveway plus my car in its little temporary garage/tent:wallbang:. (I have been planning to build a new two car garage for a few years now!)
Please let me know if you can attend and if you would like to do the BBQ as well so we can gauge interest..

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would've been so in if my car wasnt in the shop, now I'll just get sentimental if I see all those loti (This term always reminds me of Alan Partridge).

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Perry- sound good. Don't get out to that area often. While I've got a new seat being fab and just picked up another pair of driving shoes, haven't gotten a harness yet. Can you give me a idea of the timeline for the drive and BBQ. At the moment a strong maybe.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still in the planning stage but I was thinking that the weigh off could start at 11:00 at their work shop, then Curly will likley take us a block or two away to their showroom to look at goodies. Probably leave there around 1:00, drive up into the hills and end up at my house at around 2:00. Cook some hotdogs and Hamburgers, eat some chips, and tilt a few beers/sodas.

Sound good?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds great. As long as I'm not burnt out from a Friday track day (T-Hill), I'll be there.
Friday-Sunday:shrug: Come on now.....
We can look for the second missing rear reflector if you don't tell anyone how messy my basement is....:eek:

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Yeah being a bit of a wimp. A bit of a drive and all day at the track Friday, thing is I use Saturday to take care of all those little chores/ errands. Tend to leave Sundays to goof off. If it wasn't south to north bay... yup now I'm starting to whine. OK you talked me into saying yes. Now you can give me a even harder time if I flake. :p

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in. Maybe we can finally hook up?!
Any track time yet with your wee beastie?
Great!
Alan,
For some reason I always get you mixed up with LARRYB.. We can try to find the 2nd rear reflector when you are at the house..

You are in for the BBQ, right?

No track time yet..:shrug: I'm trying to finish her up before I go.. Maybe I should just go and finish her up later.. I'm pretty sure the car will always be in some state of build...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Great!
Alan,
For some reason I always get you mixed up with LARRYB.. We can try to find the 2nd rear reflector when you are at the house..

You are in for the BBQ, right?

No track time yet..:shrug: I'm trying to finish her up before I go.. Maybe I should just go and finish her up later.. I'm pretty sure the car will always be in some state of build...
Perry, since yours was the first Elise I saw on the road, and mine, which was purchased later has 80 track days, I'd have to say use it or declare it a garage/build queen. They are meant to be run! HP in a shop is just that. Come on out.

And yes, I'm in for the BBQ. Bring our own???

·
Registered
104 Posts
wish I could make it...

Would like to meet the folks on the forum who live in the north bay, but I'm going to be out of town. Please schedule another get together in the future - it would be great to see your car and swap stories.

all the best!

tim

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Perry, since yours was the first Elise I saw on the road, and mine, which was purchased later has 80 track days, I'd have to say use it or declare it a garage/build queen. They are meant to be run! HP in a shop is just that. Come on out.

And yes, I'm in for the BBQ. Bring our own???
It is definitley a build queen.
The club I used to do most track events with(quattro club)has grown quite a bit since I got my Elise. In so doing it has become THICK with politics and regime control. I really don't like it much anymore.
I was thinking of doing to "Hooked on Driving" events but have been short on time latley and the car wasn't exactly where I want it to be as far as development goes anyway. Sure is fun to drive though.

I have stopped by your house twice in the last month or so on a monday both times but you weren't home.
Maybe we can talk about some options at the weigh and drive.

I will gladly supply the burgers, etc...

·
Registered
199 Posts
My other half just told me that I'm free that Sunday. so I'm a real strong maybe. I know Griffins Motorwerks is on San Pablo, but whats the cross street? Thx Jeff, BPR 05

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
My other half just told me that I'm free that Sunday. so I'm a real strong maybe. I know Griffins Motorwerks is on San Pablo, but whats the cross street? Thx Jeff, BPR 05
The old main shop is located at 1485 San Pablo Ave., cross street is Jones. The main mechanics shop where they work on customer cars and will likley perform the weigh in is located between Camelia and Gilman on the same(east) side of San Pablo Ave. Not sure about the address but it has a HUGE black Griffin Motorwerke sign on the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
It is definitley a build queen.
The club I used to do most track events with(quattro club)has grown quite a bit since I got my Elise. In so doing it has become THICK with politics and regime control. I really don't like it much anymore.
I was thinking of doing to "Hooked on Driving" events but have been short on time latley and the car wasn't exactly where I want it to be as far as development goes anyway. Sure is fun to drive though.

I have stopped by your house twice in the last month or so on a monday both times but you weren't home.
Maybe we can talk about some options at the weigh and drive.

I will gladly supply the burgers, etc...
HOD is a great group, an offshoot of SCCA realy. I instruct for them with a specialty in momentum cars (read Lotus) so we'll talk at the BBQ. Also a great deal is the GGLC Lotus Club, great rates and everyone would love to see your car. Check it out.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Is there room for me? I should have my car back by then. I wouldn't be interested in the weigh in, just the afterparty. :)

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Would you like to join us on the drive and then the afterparty or just the afterparty??
PM me for the address. :up:
Both... drive & party. It's been a while since I've done one. I need my fix. I just hope I have my car back in time. I'm having some mods done. ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd be interested in coming out for the drive and party, to meet some other Lotus owners, etc., but probably wouldn't actually be interested in weighing my car.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts