The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Great idea, I'll have to go to a truck stop? Cement Yard? Where was this?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I work at Ozinga. It was one of our ready mix plants. I always forgot that I could weigh my car anytime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
AKA “Prolene”.
21 Posts
Nice! Titanium exhaust? Lightweight battery?

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I'd be leery of the accuracy of weigh stations.

Had my Elise corner balanced last year 1978lbs with half tank gas and Y spoke wheels. How light can you make a mostly street Elise SC? I like a radio every now and again only use the A/C once.
darksol.com

San

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
That sounds heavy. I used one of those scales for my Exige S when it was new. Measured 2070. I recently found a shop that I can take my cars to weigh, so I’ll post that. I’m guessing my car is 1940 with half tank.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Sorry bro, but that scale isn't accurate to the pound, more like to the nearest 50. If you really want to weigh your car, put it on real scales like @SamIAm

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
It is not that the scale is not accurate, it is how the accuracy of the scale is measured. The scale accuracy will most likely be stated a "percentage of full scale". The full range of the scale maybe something like 100,000 lbs and have an accuracy of 0.1% of Full Scale. That means it can be off by 100 lbs and still be within tolerance.

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is not that the scale is not accurate, it is how the accuracy of the scale is measured. The scale accuracy will most likely be stated a "percentage of full scale". The full range of the scale maybe something like 100,000 lbs and have an accuracy of 0.1% of Full Scale. That means it can be off by 100 lbs and still be within tolerance.

Later,

Eldon

That makes sense. These scales are designed for concrete mixers and material haulers that weigh upwards of 70,000+ lbs. Did it for the fun of it not expecting 100% accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,572 Posts
So if i am to understand this correctly, Brandonm84's car Weighs 2120 lbs.

damn dood. Has to be one of the heaviest Elige's produced!

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
So if i am to understand this correctly, Brandonm84's car Weighs 2120 lbs.

damn dood. Has to be one of the heaviest Elige's produced!
No, you don't understand it correctly. The scale could be off by 100 pounds either way (lighter or heavier), or not off by that much either way. The scale used just isn't going to be very accurate for something substantially lighter than other things it usually weighs. Make sense?

San

1 - 17 of 17 Posts