The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i think i read somewhere that the weight of the base car will be 1975lbs fully fueled no passengers. Not sure if that is right, but assuming it is, what would be the weight of the car with the touring package. I'm assumign that the added insulation and sound system and power windows will add some weight. Any word on how much weight that package addes? Also any word on how much the hard-top will add? Also will the sports package affect the weight of the car at all?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
As far as I know, these are the curb weights (full fuel, no passengers)

base car: 1965
base with sport pack: 1930
base with touring pack: 1975
touring & sport pack: 1940
 

·
shay2nak
Joined
·
24,910 Posts
TripleBlack_NJ said:
As far as I know, these are the curb weights (full fuel, no passengers)

base car: 1965
base with sport pack: 1930
base with touring pack: 1975
touring & sport pack: 1940
add:

base w/sport pack & radio/AC delete & stage 2 exhaust: ~1885
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,193 Posts
shay2nak said:
radio/AC delete
Didn't know you could do a radio delete? How much $$$ savings is that?

Re: AC delete - is there any gain in RWHP from that? I mean, I know it would be minimal, but there's one less pulley to spin, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,438 Posts
transio said:
Didn't know you could do a radio delete? How much $$$ savings is that?

Re: AC delete - is there any gain in RWHP from that? I mean, I know it would be minimal, but there's one less pulley to spin, right?
The Fed car cuts off the a/c automatically with full throttle, so you could say there is no hp advantage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,744 Posts
I seem to recall someone not on this forum mentioning a new article in the Miami Herald. They said the reviewer did not like the car and pointed out that the reviewer said it lacked power. They claimed a 52 bhp drop when the AC is running. I am not sure how accurate the source is and had largely discounted them since I was unable to find the story online. But now this talk of AC cutoff has me wondering?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,214 Posts
Derek said:
I seem to recall someone not on this forum mentioning a new article in the Miami Herald. They said the reviewer did not like the car and pointed out that the reviewer said it lacked power. They claimed a 52 bhp drop when the AC is running. I am not sure how accurate the source is and had largely discounted them since I was unable to find the story online. But now this talk of AC cutoff has me wondering?
Doesn't sound right.... I ran the car at the WCLM with and without AC on and perceived no drop in acceleration or power. If there was any I couldn't feel it and there was just a tiny bit of engine loading as it cycled on.

BTW... the air coming from the vents was cold. Maybe not as cold as to form icicles on the vents, but seemed like it would keep the cabin cool and comfy.

Kiyoshi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,602 Posts
>They claimed a 52 bhp drop when the AC is running.

:huh: That is absurd. It would take an AC compressor the size of a watermelon to get anywhere near that number.

Thomas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
ACs have a compressor that cycles on periodically. You've probably noticed that the frig in your house gets slightly louder every now and then.

When the compressor is on you have less hp. When the AC is on, but compressor is off you still have full power.

At full throttle in a small engined car like my MR2 Spyder you can feel a hiccup when the compressor comes on. But in a powerful car like my STi I never feel it.
 

·
Forum Founder
Joined
·
29,083 Posts
TripleBlack_NJ said:
I think that the radio/AC delete option is not set in stone. Believe it when you see it.
Agreed. It was what we were told by Lotus some months ago, but things can change.

The reports were you would save around $500 and it would delete the A/C and radio. I wonder if they would do a partial, for those that want the AC removed, but not the radio.

btw... it looks like LSD is getting closer to a reality. Stay tuned!
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top