The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Sorry for what may be a basic question but lots of time with the search function has not helped.

Seems almost impossible to find an 07/08 Exige without the touring package.

Has anyone quantified how much weight that adds and how easy it would be to un-install?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
lotus claims no weight... but if you want an 08 exige without the Touring pack you should just order one through a dealer(tho I think production is gonna end REAL soon)

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Not trying to be a smart a$$, but are you that good of a driver that you can tell the difference?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am new to these cars but "additional sound insulation" and "full carpet set" doesn't sound like fun.

Plus that iPod connector must weight something right? :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not trying to be a smart a$$, but are you that good of a driver that you can tell the difference?
Sorry, we don't know each other, but if the pkg is worth 50lbs then it would bother me.

One of my other cars is a Radical.

The pursuit of a lightweight car need not be explained or justified.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I would guess 20 pounds or less.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
for 2008 arent the power windows standard even without the touring pkg? but then again there is debate as to whether they add or decrease weight over the wind-up windows....

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Sorry, we don't know each other, but if the pkg is worth 50lbs then it would bother me.

One of my other cars is a Radical.

The pursuit of a lightweight car need not be explained or justified.
Again, like I said, I wasn't trying to be a smarta$$. Often times with these cars we become weight obsessed, without considering the checks and balances. Not close to 50 lbs, iirc.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I poop that much on a good day. Unless someone is very serious about track racing and is an absolute pro driver .... bfd.
I hate to think what a bad day is:eek:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies folks, great to hear its negligible as it expands the shopping options.

For some reason I thought it would be 50lbs plus, good to hear that was unfounded.

And great to see such a vibrant group, those were quick replies! Looking forward to joining and contributing in the future.

P.s.: Actually let me push the topic here a bit: so all Exiges come with the same built-in rollbar, there are no options there, correct? And are there standard points for a proper 6-point harness install or is there a factory option that helps with that?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
The carpet is probably the heaviest line item and all that can be removed in a minute for track duty. The electric windows are said to be lighter and the fabric seats looks like dyed burlap.

If you own a Radical you wont spend much time tracking this car I suspect. Go ahead and pamper yourself a bit - get the TP

1 - 15 of 15 Posts