The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Odyssey battery that has never given me any problems. But during Christmas I drove to my brothers (LA to SF). A day after I got there it rain cats and dogs. The car was parked outside, so I'm sure the engine compartment was soaked. The next evening the car wouldn't start. I jumped it the next morning and it ran fine till two days ago. It rain pretty heavy here in LA, but he car was in a covered garage. The battery was so dead that I had a hard time even getting the FOB to work. When I turned the key nothing. Should I just go out and buy a new battery? Or should I check some connections.

The car was at the body shop for a good amount of time and I was informed that they did have to jump in multiple times.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Jacob - you can take the battery into an autozone and hook it up to their battery tester. That should give you an answer.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sorry to hear about you battery!!! But don't feel bad. I had to jump mine Monday becuz I hadn't driven mine becuz of the rains last week!!!! Hope everything is OK, Jeff.:wave:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
This doesn't sound like a battery problem. It sounds like you have a wiring problem causing a short when wet, that then drains the battery. As an initial test, hook up a current meter in line with the battery, and then hose your car down thoroughly and see if the current rises. You may have to do it with the alarm on since that may be where the problem is.

By-the-way, on my car, the connector for the alarm switch that senses if the real lid was closed was not fully seated, which caused the alarm to go off when it rained. You could easily have something similar with a connector not seated, but where the result is a current drain rather than causing the alarm to go off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts