The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The immobilizer/rev light is making an unusual blinking pattern - first off, then "dim", then bright, then back to dim, then off. Different than the standard "on/off" it usually makes. I notice my electrical systems are dead. Battery tender is hooked up and indicates "charging". I.e. solid red light. not the blinking red light that indicates the battery is too low to charge. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
hey z
i don't know of anything definitive, but if the battery is original you might want to check it with a voltmeter. i know mine was replaced when i bought the car. i've seen batteries seem fine, like turning a car over, but still not have enough to start it. it might be something similar, with the electronics getting confused by a low supply. other than that i've no idea

·
Registered
378 Posts
I agree, sounds like a failing battery; still has some voltage, and will take a charge, but will never build up to fully charged state. A voltage tester will tell what's going on. My Elise had a fairly new battery in it when I bought it, but acted similar to yours. Tested out at 5.5 V. I put the charger on, and it would charge up close to 12.7, but when unhooked, within and hour was down to 30%, so I yanked it, and end of problem.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had both access panels off, not sure if that had something to do with the problem. I.e., needing the alarm/electricals to be reset somehow, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts