The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright fellas, need advice.

driving back from the store today, about 2 miles to the store, then 2 miles back. I spirited it up to about 8k rpm in second gear, pushed the clutch in as usual took the car out of gear, heading for third gear... I hear a vacuum "WOOOSH" sound from either below me or behind me. the car refuses to go into gear (any gear), but the engine keeps on going. I pump the clutch a few times, wait about 10 seconds while cruising on the road... it finally goes into 3rd. I baby it home and by the time I get home it all seems well. changing gears, and such, no odd noises. (the car was about 188F on the dash. no change in temps between incident and home(.5 mile distance)

I actually heard this odd woosh (vacuum-ish type sound) a few days ago when I was backing out of my driveway (after a few days of sitting there). the radio was on and I had to ask the wife if she heard something too... she said yes, and I just played it easy for the rest of that night listening for it.

ps: I smelt a little antifreeze this morning, but all liquids look fine. also tried looking beneath the driver side headlight -- didn't see any wetness there.

theories / thoughts?

side question:
is it a good time for a boe400 upgrade?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
an hour after incident. car appears fine... but something is definitely amiss... hummmm.

been looking up boe400 kits. :)

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
.....I know a guy....

:D:D

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was about to leave you a message on your website form. :p

My eyes might be bigger than my wallet at the moment. (currently doing home renovations too)

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like the engine mounts broke. front and back, and left side is slightly not in the middle...

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
wow. good you found the problem. That I'm sure was directly related to difficulty in shift action.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts