The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My 05 Elise is having a weird issue , maybe I'm just stupid. As I put my foot down on the throttle I'd be loosing power, and it wasn't an consistent thing . After some playing around I thought maybe if I disconnect the vacuum line from my FPR I'd see a difference so I used my thumb to plug the vacuum line and opened the throttle body manually. Still , same issue . Then I for some reason decided to see what would happen if I let go with my thumb ( intentionally creating a vacuum leak) and it worked as it should. What could possibly be causing this issue and what should I do ?

Thank you in advance, Daniel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Is your car turbocharged?
Are you running a MAP based ECU?
Does it go lean when you initially hit the throttle but then get richer?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is turbocharged . I'm running the EP tuning Standalone ecu from Elise Parts , on my 05. Yes it is . It's weird I'll look again in a few hours but it seemed to just go lean enough to die if I Don't catch it in time to let off the throttle . But I don't seem to remember the a/f r changing at least not anything significantly . Also I have a water meth kit installed. Same issues with it on or off

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Well, being boosted with a standalone is good info if you actually want any decent input, haha

It sounds like a tune issue. Has the car ever ran right in its current configuration? If so, what changed between now and then?

·
Less is Better
2,626 Posts
Well, being boosted with a standalone is good info if you actually want any decent input, haha

It sounds like a tune issue. Has the car ever ran right in its current configuration? If so, what changed between now and then?
Agreed, Kind of important to know that it's not stock!

I would also agree that I'd be looking at tuning first. @dan2468 can you get real time data from the ECU? That's the best way to diagnose this.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol , thank you Caleb and me73 , if I were smarter I would've thought of that . I've done so much to this car .

You guys were right it was the tune , I was an idiot , I had the wrong map selected . It's running fine now .

Thanks guys , sorry for the waste of time

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Lol , thank you Caleb and me73 , if I were smarter I would've thought of that . I've done so much to this car .

You guys were right it was the tune , I was an idiot , I had the wrong map selected . It's running fine now .

Thanks guys , sorry for the waste of time
No worries! Glad it was that simple

1 - 7 of 7 Posts