The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks for the welcome!!

Hello-

We appreciate the warm welcome!! Although I have been in the business for about 10 years now, I am just getting settled in at Lotus of Atlanta. As many of you may know, I worked for Fox Valley Motorcars for many years and have been a Lotus Enthusiast just as long!! I am looking forward to getting involved in the Lotus community down here!! The store is committed to working on several track days, drives and other events for this year. So if you have any thoughts or suggestions or questions, please let us know.

Cheers,

Bill Nuccio

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Bill, Welcome!

A Lotus-beginners track day out at Talladega Grand Prix in the spring would be fun - it's a safe course, only moderate speed, and most importantly lots of run off room. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
bill..
a track day would be AWESOME!!!

if you can set it up at a good ((great)) price or get the dealership to pic up most of the bill for everyone im sure many many many pep in atlanta will come.. we sometimes get 15 or so to go on the monthly mountain drive.. i would not be suprised if 25-30+ pep went for a track day. and im sure none of us would be upset if a BMW, spiker or lambo came!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've done about a dozen track days at TGP with the 350z guys and fees are pretty modest - 15 people @ $125 / person will get you the track for 8 hours on a weekday which is about 2 hours track time / person (which is plenty, usually the track is empty by 3:30-4pm and its whoever wants to go can go). If you go with Road Atlanta fees are about 4 times that so some subsidy would be nice :).

What would really be helpful is doing some kind of tech inspection or maybe some minor upgrades for those taking part in the event. Upgrading toe bolts, alignment, brake pad swaps, easy stuff. A friend of mine did a PCA event up in Kentucky where one of the local dealers had an upgrade package for pads, exhaust, tuning and some other "track prep" stuff, and the group of folks who purchased the package did a field day trip to the track where the dealer picked up most of the track costs and provided instructors for the event. Was a win-win for everyone and they had a pretty decent turn out from what I heard.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks for the ideas...

Hey guys-

Thank you all for the thoughts and ideas for the track days. How far is TGP from Atlanta? That sounds like fun, especially if it is $125 / person. I would be happy to organize something like that.

We do plan to do a track day at Road Atlanta and possibly Barber as well. I certainly plan to be out to Barber for the Lotus Cup Series race that will be there this year.

I also like the idea of the perf upgrade packages. We did alot of that in Chicago and did provide some "free" services at the track as needed.

I have also been considering doing a dinner night coming up in the near future. Any takers on meeting at the store and heading out to dinner?

Any recommendations would be appreciated on a place to go?

Thanks again,

Bill Nuccio

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks LOA

I suppose you would say I'm a huge LOA fan. I've bought three there since 2005 (2005 Elise, 2007 Exige S and a 2010 Exige 260). All silver,as that's all my son lets me choose. They have always been fair on prices and surgically precise on service. They have an enthusiastic staff. I have done several of there track events and they are well put on. Thanks alot to Beth and Jason and Fabio. Highly recommend.
Keith Young

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey guys-

Thank you all for the thoughts and ideas for the track days. How far is TGP from Atlanta? That sounds like fun, especially if it is $125 / person. I would be happy to organize something like that.

Any takers on meeting at the store and heading out to dinner?

Bill Nuccio
TGP is about 90 minutes from Atlanta down I-20. Since there is an hour time difference going out there it's not a bad drive once you clear Atlanta traffic - I usually leave around 7:30-8am and get there about 8:30 Alabama time. The track time runs from 9am until 4:30pm usually (Alabama time) and I'm usually back in Atlanta by 7-7:30pm. There is gas within 15 minutes of the track so you have plenty of opportunity to run a partial tank at the track then top up to get home. Their website is Talladega Gran Prix Raceway - Race Track Leasing Information for costs and facility rentals - we usually did the Street Car Tune & Test for $1500/day with 3 cars on track at a time. Instructors and corner workers we would provide from volunteers who were doing the track day in between runs.

Dinner meeting sounds cool to me but you have to wait 2 more weeks until my Lotus gets here :). I'd really like to hear some different exhausts in person as that will probably be one of my first upgrades.

Daniel

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks!!

Keith-

That is great to here!! Thank you for sharing. We are very excited to keep the Lotus brand excitement going. We have much going on within Lotus and it should hopefully prove to be great for all of us.

Please do stop in some time soon, I would love to put a face to the name.

Are you going to make it to the LLSE drive on Saturday?

Hope to see you soon.

Cheers,

Bill

I suppose you would say I'm a huge LOA fan. I've bought three there since 2005 (2005 Elise, 2007 Exige S and a 2010 Exige 260). All silver,as that's all my son lets me choose. They have always been fair on prices and surgically precise on service. They have an enthusiastic staff. I have done several of there track events and they are well put on. Thanks alot to Beth and Jason and Fabio. Highly recommend.
Keith Young

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks

Daniel-

Thanks for the info. That is helpful. We are actually sitting down on Monday to discuss the different event ideas to firm up on the calendar. We are always open to new ideas! Please do stop in to see us once you have recieved your new ride. Which Lotus did you purchase?

Cheers,

Bill Nuccio

TGP is about 90 minutes from Atlanta down I-20. Since there is an hour time difference going out there it's not a bad drive once you clear Atlanta traffic - I usually leave around 7:30-8am and get there about 8:30 Alabama time. The track time runs from 9am until 4:30pm usually (Alabama time) and I'm usually back in Atlanta by 7-7:30pm. There is gas within 15 minutes of the track so you have plenty of opportunity to run a partial tank at the track then top up to get home. Their website is Talladega Gran Prix Raceway - Race Track Leasing Information for costs and facility rentals - we usually did the Street Car Tune & Test for $1500/day with 3 cars on track at a time. Instructors and corner workers we would provide from volunteers who were doing the track day in between runs.

Dinner meeting sounds cool to me but you have to wait 2 more weeks until my Lotus gets here :). I'd really like to hear some different exhausts in person as that will probably be one of my first upgrades.

Daniel

·
Registered
56 Posts
Daniel-

Thanks for the info. That is helpful. We are actually sitting down on Monday to discuss the different event ideas to firm up on the calendar. We are always open to new ideas! Please do stop in to see us once you have recieved your new ride. Which Lotus did you purchase?

Cheers,

Bill Nuccio
2006 Graphite Grey Elise from Ron Tonkin in Portland. 7000 miles, all stock. We'll see how long that lasts...

Used 2006 Lotus Elise - Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo Slide Show

·
Registered
157 Posts
That is a beautiful ride!! I have always loved the Graphite Grey.... It is just elegant looking. There are certainly several options for the Elise for exhaust systems. Unfortunately, none that we have here currently have any exhausts on them, but I have always been a fan of the Stage II exhaust from Lotus. I think it gives it the mean sound that the car deserves without spending a fortune.

Bill

2006 Graphite Grey Elise from Ron Tonkin in Portland. 7000 miles, all stock. We'll see how long that lasts...

Used 2006 Lotus Elise - Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo Slide Show

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm game for a dinner event. We could meet at the dealership and then drop down riverside drive off Roswell Rd through the "twisties" and eat at Rays on the River. I'm not sure if the bridge is still out from the floods.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I'm game for a dinner event. We could meet at the dealership and then drop down riverside drive off Roswell Rd through the "twisties" and eat at Rays on the River. I'm not sure if the bridge is still out from the floods.
There's already a monthly dinner meeting on the calendar. Second Tuesday of each month at the Ship & Anchor in Sandy Springs, 6:30 PM.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts