·
Registered
2,509 Posts
must be marketing to all of our tow vehicles....LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just stopping in to say hello,

Some of you may be thinking what is this truck wheel place doing on our forum? Well I am here to give you that answer.

We are here to introduce our company to you, we are here to sponsor your fun, and we are here to answer any questions you may have.

We do sell truck wheels and components, but we also service a full hitch line and trailer parts. You may not have a need for the products we carry, but if you know someone who does, let them know about Southwest Wheel.

Darrick Sweeden
Southwest Wheel
Southwest Wheel Company Steel and Aluminum Truck Wheels
Valley Trailer Hitches and Hitch Accessories
Brake Controller
Trailer Parts from trailerpart.com
Utility Trailer Axle Kits
trailer locks
Heavy Duty Trailer Wheels and Axles
Farm and Tractor Wheels

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I for one, have no need for your products, but Im certainly glad you guys are here to help support our site.

WELCOME!!!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Ayy...it's marketing/networking..........ya never know.:shrug:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
No worries, just thought it was a strange fit. I for one actually could use some of your products. :) Just need to figure out what I need/want first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No worries, just thought it was a strange fit. I for one actually could use some of your products. :) Just need to figure out what I need/want first.
Not a problem LordZ. Save a little money with coupon code "autoforums" at checkout. If you need any help let us know.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Oh I'll need help alright. Never dealt with these large of wheels and tires.

Do you have anything that I can switch from my 19.5 Alcoa dually wheels to just a basic set of 4 wheels? Maybe something in the 22"s or something? Need to be able to support my 17.5k gwvr though.

It's an 04 chevy C4500 btw.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh I'll need help alright. Never dealt with these large of wheels and tires.

Do you have anything that I can switch from my 19.5 Alcoa dually wheels to just a basic set of 4 wheels? Maybe something in the 22"s or something? Need to be able to support my 17.5k gwvr though.

It's an 04 chevy C4500 btw.
We get this request more than you think. I have mentioned this to a couple of Alcoa reps, but no interest at this time. Wheel manufacturers at this moment are scared to build anything outside of spec.

·
Registered
7 Posts
MTE does it with their ironhide conversion. Any clue what they use to do this?
I looked up a picture of this conversion. It is a steel wheel, that must be custom built. I doubt it could hold the capacity, it looks more for looks. It does make a mean looking truck, just don't know how practical.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
This fall I'll need steel wheels for my FJ's snow tires.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I looked up a picture of this conversion. It is a steel wheel, that must be custom built. I doubt it could hold the capacity, it looks more for looks. It does make a mean looking truck, just don't know how practical.
Well it's a $120k MTE with that conversion...

I do like the look though. All I really have to support on mine is my 6k goosneck and 3 Lotus on the back. So 12k total weight on trailer, most of that on it's two axles.

Just want some wheels that fill out the wheelwells a bit.

I did see this last week though;

Kodiak wheels and Pro Comp Tires

You able to get those at a decent price?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well it's a $120k MTE with that conversion...

I do like the look though. All I really have to support on mine is my 6k goosneck and 3 Lotus on the back. So 12k total weight on trailer, most of that on it's two axles.

Just want some wheels that fill out the wheelwells a bit.

I did see this last week though;

Kodiak wheels and Pro Comp Tires

You able to get those at a decent price?
I do not know who makes that wheel, but it is not Alcoa or Accuride so I would question the one piece hot forging that gives it strength and the actual tested wheel rating. If you go by the tire ratings you will be losing over 8500 lbs. capacity overall. In this case you could get a single wheel one ton alot cheaper. I also question the lug nuts they are using, does not look like a true swiveling flange nut. If not this is putting alot of pressure on your studs considering it is a hub piloted hub and wheel. If you are going for the look, it does look nice.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Well that's no good then. Too much rating drop. That would probably bring my tongue weight down too far to haul anything big.

the 22.5 Alcoas look better in there, but not sure I want to pay that much just for an extra couple of inches of chrome with the same look.

Back to searching I guess. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts