The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
do you guys still have that special on the r888? with the 100 dollars off?

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Just a quick plug for the Tire Shoppe. Very pleasant and helpful on the phone. Price with shipping was still cheaper than getting the R888 local. AND most importantly had the sizes I wanted in stock. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy from them again.

Cheers,
Jacob

·
Registered
664 Posts
I ordered a set of R888 last week. Price and service looks good. Will know better when they arrive

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Ive ordered from them as well and will be ordering again soon as my first set of R888's from them are now on their last leg.. :D

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
how long do the R888's last.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
how long do the R888's last.
Ive got 6 track days on mine which were shaved. They still have enough tread for maybe a day or 2 more.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
so, yesterday, i drove a little over 2 hours to go see joe at the tire shoppe. a big:up: great customer service and a big selection. he answered all my question(i had a few) even took me down stairs and we compared different sizes and +'s -'s of them

after looking at the different sizes, i went with

for the rears,
R888 235 40 17
a bit wider then the ao48 225045017. and slightly lower profile. and 0 rubbing.

im had them mounted today. looks great!

thankyou again!

rob

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Ive got 6 track days on mine which were shaved. They still have enough tread for maybe a day or 2 more.
Ummm.... Wow. I've got a LOT more mileage out of my RA1s.

You think you're going to cord the 888s after 8 track days? (4 weekends?) Really?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Got my R888s from Tire Shoppe. Fantastic service. I like the Toyo orange cone that came with them...
I have the 235 40 17 on the rear. Fit with no problems. I can't wait to try them out on the track. They feel much stickier than the AO48.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Ummm.... Wow. I've got a LOT more mileage out of my RA1s.

You think you're going to cord the 888s after 8 track days? (4 weekends?) Really?
They wont be corded, but they will not have any tread left. Ill never know now as I sold my LLS wheels with the 888's on them as I purchased a set of Rac Monolites for my new track wheels with A048's mounted.

Not sure how far you can take the 888's, but Ive been told once the tread is gone they wont stick any longer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I want to jump on the Tire Shoppe props bandwangon. Yesterday I ordered a set of Team Dynamics wheels and Bridgestones. Joe was great. I didn't know which color wheel to order so he took pictures for me. Also several minor things changed from our original conversation and Joe was on the phone to me with every one of them. No surprises!!. I will get my wheels/tires next week and let you know more but so far its been a great experience.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Cool. Just picked a set of tires from them last month (for the MR2). By spring I'll be ordering a set for the Elise. What's the story on the T-shirt? Is that you at the Ring?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
The story is that it arrived with my tires (R888s). I brought it with me to Switzerland. I told Joe that I'd have my picture taken at the ring in the shirt.

That's me in the pic, stop :drool:ing

:cool:

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
The story is that it arrived with my tires (R888s). I brought it with me to Switzerland. I told Joe that I have my picture taken at the ring in the shirt.

That's me in the pic, stop :drool:ing

:cool:
Soon, very soon, this will be my home track, next to Hockenheim.
And I'll even have my Elise to drive there ;)

But really cool picture though :up:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts