The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I posted that I had to forgo the Elise due to ingress/egress and pedal placement issues (I'm 6'3" - mostly legs).

Well this week I put down a deposit on a Sunset Orange C6 Coupe (manual tranny with the Z51 package - total price $47k). I hope this will hold me over until the 2007 Elise comes out which I believe will be larger, roomier with hopefully easier access and spacier pedal placements.

Until then I guess I will have to suffer with 400 hp and 400 torque :)

I still love this board and will lurk it from time to time to see how you guys are enjoying this wonderful piece of engineering and artistry!

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Z0650TH said:
Until then I guess I will have to suffer with 400 hp and 400 torque :)
How will you ever cope? ;)

Seriously, when is your C6 suppose to arrive? Are they already in the show rooms?

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Good for you it sounds like the new Vette is quite a nice car.

I've had my Elise about 8-9 days and after about 2-3 days you develop an approach to ingress/egress that works for you. It's not bad at all now...but you need both hands free ideally.

Good luck!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: Re: Well Decision Made; C6 Now, Elise Later

Allan Gibbs said:
How will you ever cope? ;)

Seriously, when is your C6 suppose to arrive? Are they already in the show rooms?
Pre-order delivery started a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure what kind of volume Chevy is producing yet...I still haven't seen one driving around, but I'm sure 3 months from now there'll be a C6 on every street corner. ;)

Congrats, though! I like what Chevy's done with the C6!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Z0650TH,

It is still Ok to lurk here. I still go lurk on the Vette forums to find out what is going on with them. I anxiously await news on the new Z06. I enjoyed my 2001. I hvae not even been able to drive an Elise, but I am hoping it will give me as many thrills as the Z06 did, albeit in different ways. The adrenaline is all the same.:D

Have fun!
Greg

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
only 47k? not bad. How much deposit? What's the delivery date? I saw one in a parking lot at the mall in 1000 Oaks. It was that red/magentaish color that was at the LA/Detroit Auto shows. I didn't know they were out yet already? It looked awesome from the back and side, but I'm not a fan of the front.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I've actually seen what I would call a lot of them on the road, but I'm in Lansing and drive 96 a lot.

·
Registered
538 Posts
We just saw the first ones at Criswell last week ...

They did a great job with that car, and the price is certainly right. I'm sure you'll have a blast with it.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Congrats! I still plan on having a C6 in about two years. Hope they still make it in Millennium Yellow. :cool:

Post some photos when you get it. We have cars here in Florida, but I have yet to see one for myself.

·
Registered
429 Posts
ZO6

Rivalary between cars is the greatest thing. If rumors are true about the new ZO6 taking on the Viper and even more interesting a vet taking on the only car , I would want more then my 111R if you could imagine, THE FORD GT! There is a GOD.

·
Registered
429 Posts
ZO6 vs VIPER

I would always pick a ZO6 over the VIPER (truck). To me the ZO6 is the 111R of AMERICAN'S GREATEST cars. How much would you pay , If the only VET made was a ZO6 and they made only 1500 per year period.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks guys for the nice words....it's one of the reasons I like this board so much - people that appreciate high performance even if it's not their car. The C6, as was pointed out in some of the responses above, has in fact arrived at most dealerships at this time, although I have not yet seen a Sunset Orange in person.

Kerbeck (in Atlantic City) which is the Country's largest Vette dealer already has about a dozen C6's ready for immediate delivery. Although I bought my 2002 Z06 from them, I am buying the C6 close to home (on Long Island) simply because they are all going for MSRP at this time. (I got my Z06 from Kerbeck for $6k off sticker which at the time was several thousand better than any price on Long Island).

I always did well when reselling a Vette as there is always a market for this car. I figured the C6 will hold decent value for two years until the new Elise is released.

And as pointed out by Allan Gibbs, how will I ever cope with that 400 HP :D

The car is supposed to arrive in about 10 weeks. What surprises me is that there really isn't any long lists at the dealers. I guess when you have a mass produced car that sells about 30,000 units per year, you don't have to wait on lists to get one.

By the way, I checked out the 997S last weekend which I thought about getting but money is not easy to come by and for $35k more than the Vette (the 997S is around $82k versus $47k for the C6), I just could not justify those extra bucks especially since the C6 beats out the 997S in every category (except panache of course :) ). The 997 is gorgeous and if money was not an issue, I would have gotten it hands down.

Then again if money was not an issue I would get the Ford GT or Porsche GT for that matter.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Sounds like a good choice. Did you get to test drive one? With Lotus increasing prices the vette is looking better and better.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The C6>>>

Ellen and I decided to 'rotate' our cars this year and thus getting the Elise now (earlier delivery than expected but love that... and have a LeMans Blue C6 coupe on order...expect it in December or so. They are very different cars but both provide some major smiles! The C6 is now making the Vette a worthy contender in the Euro exotic car market...and I think that is great:clap:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rbullett:

No I have not driven the car but I have owned two C5's (including my current Z06) and the car fits me like a glove. My only complaint of the C5 has always been it's just too big. That complaint has now been addressed. The C6 dimensions are almost identical to the 997. The car is going to be a lot more tossable.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
YELOTUS:

Sounds like you guys are getting the best of both worlds, congrats. By the way, I love Lemans Blue but my Z06 is Electron Blue so I thought I would try something different this time.

·
Registered
262 Posts
For a time after Elise delivery in '05, I'm planning to keep my Nassau Blue '99 Convertible Vette...still an incredible, no compromise car (and paid for). Unless I win the lottery, I'm sure I'll have to sell one of them...two blue convertibles in the garage can't be justified for too long (or the cost of insuring both).

Keep us posted, best of luck!
Dave

1 - 18 of 18 Posts