The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
actually the garage did...garage was bugging me and with the Elise in it the need to redo was at hand...sooo>>

started with this...old cabinets, work bench, plain concrete floor, dull walls, and crappy lights...not a place worthy to house the Elise (and soon to be there C6)

So a couple weeks later and a few $ spent :rolleyes: almost there with what I want...just missing the new garage cabinets which should be in next week...but what a difference!!!

Elise is now happy ;)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Very, very nice. You do realize you are on that slippery slope, right? :) My friend bought a Hunter TC3250 to change tires and I bought a 80 gallon compressor to power the sucker. Then came the time to braze 3/4" copper pipe from the basement to the garage. :D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
BEUATIFUL - very nice :clap:

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Sweet! That reminds me, I need to get some of those garage tiles for my floor...

·
Registered
2005 elise touring ardent red
612 Posts
the floor did look like u-coat-it.
i wonder if it was as easy as they promised.
does water on the u-coat-it floor get absorbed like on the concrete floor beforehand?

·
Registered
538 Posts
atyclb said:
which product did you use for the floor?

i have heard great things about u-coat-it
Yep, that's what we used. We had heard really great things as well. Now all our neighbors want to do the same. ;)

Once the lift is moved back in and the cabinets arrive we can get rid of the POD that's sitting in the driveway. (Michael had started telling the neighbors he had been kicked out of the house and was just waiting for the Port-a-potty to arrive!) :eek:

Ellen

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Well done! I have been wanting to do the same.......your pics are an inspriation to me. Thanks for sharing the rewards of your hard work with us.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
YELOTUS said:
So a couple weeks later and a few $ spent :rolleyes: almost there with what I want...just missing the new garage cabinets which should be in next week...but what a difference!!!
:bow: Looks great! :bow:

Better stay away from this site: http://www.ultimategarage.com/

Might get costly ;)

Of course now I totally hate you.. Especially when I'm outside working on my car in the pouring rain.. :D

No garage for me I'm afraid.. :(

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Thats beautiful.

My garage is now on hold until I take care of the bills I've already accrued on it. Of course, picking up the Elise isn't helping any, but what can I do? I'll be able to finish it over the winter. I also need to research the best lift for my needs.

·
Registered
818 Posts
im 1/4 the way done with the garage. im building some cabinets and doing the floor and putten in new lights.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all...was exciting to see it come together...

now ready for a Elise owner's party!
The floor...the U Coat It system is very straight forward... clean/etch concrete with muratic acid wash, mix first coat (base color, activator and polymizer) (first two coats are a water based epoxy system where the clear coat in not water based) and roll on 5'x5' and then sprinkle (sparingly) on the aluminum oxide (the grit for non slip) and repeat until done. Wait 8-12 hrs and then mix next coat (color with activator) and roll on 5'x5' and sprinkle on flek (little or much as desired) and repeat until done. Wait 8-12 hours and then clear coat...mix the epoxy two part clear coat and roll until covered. Floor should cure for 4 days before cars are parked and can be used after one day to walk on etc. Kit comes with everything...material, supplies, how to do video etc. The system I used (actually I only purchased...the paint crews did the work) is called U Coat It U Flek-AF (the AF is the additional clear coat part). People come by to look at floor and they are sold immediately...excellent product and makes this Harry homeowner floor paint stuff look like cr*p (which it is)

Last thing to move in (this week end) is the 650 lb Snap On hydraulic sissor lift...I letting my son and his buddies do that...case of beer is the bribe :D
Michael

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
That looks amazing. To make it truely wicked would be to paint an oversized Lotus logo on the wall in front of where you park the Elise and a Chevy logo on the side with the Vette...

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lotus Fury said:
That looks amazing. To make it truely wicked would be to paint an oversized Lotus logo on the wall in front of where you park the Elise and a Chevy logo on the side with the Vette...
Read my mind on that on...now to get someone to do the logos...also trying to get a few posters of each car. Once you get into this garage thing it start to go into all sorts of directions..is fun but boy can you dump the bucks too... have to keep myself under control otherwise Ellen will be there with HOW MUCH!!!
Arno...no garage!...I would go nuts (OK already there ;) )...I tell people the house we built was garage first and oh yes whatever the rest requires :D

And you guys already starting a garage project..good stuff and keep at it!.... once I get the lift installed etc will post a few final pics...

Thanks all
Michael

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Ellen-that looks really great! Nice job-now I want to do it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Surferjer said:
Ellen-that looks really great! Nice job-now I want to do it.
It was all Michael's work. He was the one who planned it all out and ordered everything. I was even out of town while the bulk of the work was being done. Now I just get to enjoy it all. :D

:clap: for Michael!

- Ellen

·
Registered
409 Posts
It fits in there nicely! :bow: :clap:

I know a couple of people who can do murals if you want to add something like that :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: Thanks all...was exciting to see it come together...

Great job Michael and Ellen, I see your Bengal cats approve of the new floor too :)

Coindicentally I am planning on covering my garage floor as well. I heard good things about Benjamin Moore epoxy, so I am picking up the ingredients this week.

Here is a link:
Benjamin Moore industrial flooring

I selected the M36/M38 semi-gloss epoxy, with their degreaser, acid etch, and anti-slip aggregate products. I might apply it this weekend so I'll let you know how it goes!

Eric

YELOTUS said:
now ready for a Elise owner's party!
The floor...the U Coat It system is very straight forward...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts