The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While coming out of work I saw one of the few Lotus in my town this day was the green and yellow striped Exige S owned by a nice blond lady ....to bad this thing is beat to heck...side markers are cracked and almost gone rock chips EVERYWHERE just horribly kept...
she had it parked at the resteraunt across from the one I worked at and I always love looking at it

And low and behold... coupe of people were also looking at it... 1 guy was for some reason dared to lick the emblem...yes...lick the emblem and him being far to drunk to have common sense did it...
The other guy was bragging about how he could make his car go faster than the exige in a quarter mile for less money than its worth...
I finally opened my mouth and tried to argue about its handling abilities
with his loving reply of handling doesnt matter... =I.... I just drove off with a nice red handprint on my face...

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
rotfl

·
Illegal Alien
5,258 Posts

·
He's on fire!
3,343 Posts
the lotus paint is soft. anyone who drives it sans starshield probably has a ton of rock chips

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
the lotus paint is soft. anyone who drives it sans starshield probably has a ton of rock chips
Brittle things chip easier that soft things.
And the fact that she drives it rather than polishes it is not a bad thing.

And no one commented on the hand print???

·
He's on fire!
3,343 Posts
This strikes me as an odd comment. Strict definitions aside, isn't the phrase for paint that damages easily 'soft paint' ? Not sure where you infer I was saying that driving it is a bad thing, were you responding to someone else or just making a general comment?

Brittle things chip easier that soft things.
And the fact that she drives it rather than polishes it is not a bad thing.

And no one commented on the hand print???

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
This strikes me as an odd comment. Strict definitions aside, isn't the phrase for paint that damages easily 'soft paint' ?
There are paint softeners which are designed to chip less easily, so I was reading it literally.
But maybe you're right; I just do not keep up with the modern lingo very well.

Not sure where you infer I was saying that driving it is a bad thing, were you responding to someone else or just making a general comment?
Sorry that was referencing the OP's comment:

....to bad this thing is beat to heck...side markers are cracked and almost gone rock chips EVERYWHERE just horribly kept...

But I am still surprised that no one commented on the hand print. Is that a normal thing to receive interacting with people?

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
But I am still surprised that no one commented on the hand print. Is that a normal thing to receive interacting with people?
I believe "red handprint" = a :facepalm moment. And I have these all the time when interacting with people, especially if I see them licking a car but not in homage of its handling. :facepalm

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
here she is...

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
I found a note on my Esprit from a girl who had licked the mirror housing. There was also a clean spot about the size of a tongue. The note said "Travis, I may have licked your car".
that's pretty hot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts