The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Who needs practicality?
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! I've been hunting for the perfect (for me) 05/6 Elise for over a year now. A few of you have even had the annoyance of getting a slew of questions from me followed by a bunch of nothing. :eek:

I'll find one, and make myself a proper forum member. Until then, know that I am a real gear head. I race motorcycles, Top Gear and F1 fan, and I love Minis and Loti.

On any weekend with nice weather when I'm not at the race track, you can find my lady and me at the Dragon. I'm #88 on a white and blue GSXR 750, so if you see me, SAY HELLO!

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Welcome! Finding the right one is difficult. When I found mine I expanded my search to a national level. I shipped her 3000 miles. What are you looking for? Now is the time to buy before prices rise again in the spring!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Ohai and welcome!

Crazy to see how deep the mini cooper and Lotus ties run. Will you be at minis at the dragon? If so, I'll see you there.

·
Who needs practicality?
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ohai and welcome!

Crazy to see how deep the mini cooper and Lotus ties run. Will you be at minis at the dragon? If so, I'll see you there.
We may be. We tend to spend a bit more time there than we should, and considering this purchase will eat into our racing budget, we'll be there more than ever.

I think I'm driving my girlfriend crazy by disqualifying every car I've looked at over the last many, many months. The perfect car for me will be modestly modified with aero, but no engine mods, between 50k and 75k miles, white, ardent red, or silver, Exige rims, upgraded stereo, and with all the popular/required fixes. A clear title is a must.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You're going to love it when you find the right one.

I waited almost 2 years before I found my exige.

I drove it from Northern California to SoCal in one day in the middle of July. The drive was brutal but it was worth it.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Welcome and be patient. The right one will come along.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Welcome, good luck :p

·
Registered
146 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts