Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...to ever walk the face of the earth.

Click here for the video of two teens attempting to rob a police station. :huh:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
They're not dumb - they were fully aware of what they were doing and know that the judicial system merits minimal repurcushions for juveniles. As a result, our own judicial system creates a moral hazard that incentivizes juveniles to commit crimes. There was an article in the WashintonPost back in late 2006 that interviewed teen car thieves in DC - their testimony was frightening on the subject.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
And once they got out of Juve, they'll have street creds for doing something like that. :shrug:

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And once they got out of Juve, they'll have street creds for doing something like that. :shrug:
Perhaps the truest and saddest statement on our current state of affairs. :mad:

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're not dumb - they were fully aware of what they were doing and know that the judicial system merits minimal repurcushions for juveniles. As a result, our own judicial system creates a moral hazard that incentivizes juveniles to commit crimes. There was an article in the WashintonPost back in late 2006 that interviewed teen car thieves in DC - their testimony was frightening on the subject.
I don't know - would have fit perfectly as a scene in "Dumb and Dumber."

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I don't know - would have fit perfectly as a scene in "Dumb and Dumber."
Sure it sounds idiotic to those of us with common sense - but then you have to look from their perspective. They know the legal system is a joke and while they make conscious decisions on the illegal things they do, they know that the legal system doesn't recognize their decisions as mature ones that merit legitimate sentences. Therefore, they can push the laws to the limits to see if they can get away with it - and they do so with no repurcussions.

One thing I love about Bill Cosby is his focus on accountability and parenting... both of which are lost arts in today's society, especially in many urban areas.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
But, I'd argue that they're still stupid in thinking a police station would have money and only possibly smart only because they likely know the last thing any cop wants to do is shoot a kid.

Two words:

Spay
Neuter
:up:

And if that doesn't work, I'll supply the laundry bag and cinder blocks.
:evil:

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I hired a new busboy, he didn't know we had cameras all around the place. He took a women's purse with $500 inside and a $250 camera. $400 makes a theft a felony. HE GOT CAUGHT ON CAMERA. HE CONFESSED. IT'S HIS SECOND OFFENSE. And, the arresting officer said he'll only get probation? :shrug:

·
Registered
980 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
This reminds me of a recent event in my own neighborhood. A rural post office was robbed. How much money could one possibly hope to get from a clerk's register? $200?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts