The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the test of all tests for the Guru's here. My wife Loves the Elise, and decided she wants one, so I'm flying to Houston this weekend...to get this car.

so does anyone know it? here's a few pics of some of the mods that to me set it apart (or make it "unique") One of the PO's apparently had an obsession with yellow film...notice gauges.

VIN is SCCPC11105HL32529

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
don't know it. but looks nice...........

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow he hasn't been online in quite awhile...

PM'ing him

DLR is saying one owner...can anyone confirm via carfax? I don't have an acct, could likely get the Dlr to do that...will try in the morning

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was checking this out on eBay, you don't know how badly I wanted it.

Congratulations!
I honestly never thought the wife would like a car as "raw" as the Elise...but I've been teaching her how to drive mine, and she's in love with it. She said " can you add seat heaters?" so this may be "anti-lotus" but I'll likely do it. I did it on a miata I owned. pretty easy little mod. will likely add Cruise control to it as well...since its a regular old fashioned cable throttle I know a way to make that work. I'll make sure to do write-ups for both mods...so if anyone else out there decides its the thing for them, they can duplicate it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Burn that Dealership down

So my wife called the Dealership this AM. to see what day would be best to come get the car...they decided to ignore the fact we gave them the "$500.00 earnest cash"...and sold the car out from under us.

I'm pretty irate. I told them they owe me $500.00 for breaking the contract.:rolleyes: doubt it'll happen, but that's some serious Bull****.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
^ WTF, what dealership was this???

i dont really think they can do that, specially since you already made a down payment on the car.

·
Registered
531 Posts
That sucks but I am sure you will find another one soon. I can't believe you are already
getting another Elise you must love them more than I do, and that's quite a lot. :D
We have to meet up one of these days I only live 90 miles from Midland.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
^ WTF, what dealership was this???

i dont really think they can do that, specially since you already made a down payment on the car.
Advantage Cars:Houston Used Car Dealer 888-544-0321 | Houston Used Car, Truck, Auto Dealer Sales & Financing | Galveston Houston Area, Texas is their site

Not sure what leg I really have to stand on.

They told the wife "well someone else put in the earnest money before you did, but the salesman that took it didn't tell anyone.".....I'm calling BS...I think someone walked up there this AM, and bought it. But I think I'm kinda SOL on the deal. But a Shady Dealership that'd pull crap like this doesn't deserve my business anyway...even though the wife's heart was set on this car.

That sucks but I am sure you will find another one soon. I can't believe you are already
getting another Elise you must love them more than I do, and that's quite a lot. :D
We have to meet up one of these days I only live 90 miles from Midland.
Sweet. Indeed we will have to meet up. a drive up to your parts would be cool...ya'll have a bit more interesting roads. Oh and you have a buell? i want!!! but wife said "NO"...

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Ernest money isn't for cars, it's for houses. If you gave them money to purchase a car, and didn't end up getting the car, you'll get it back, as there is no such thing as a non-refundable deposit on a car.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looks well-maintained.. but be happy you didn't get it. I wouldn't touch anything that's been "sticker'izd" - KN filter sticker under the lid? pfff! ;p

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well dunno what the money is called. but there was a deposit...that acted just like a hold saying "ITS MINE" I've bought a few cars this way and had the same experience with it...its your way of saying MINE, and them accepting it means "its yours". but not this time I guess.:shrug:

oh well. so it goes. Just irritating. they refunded the 500.00 obviously. and they have lost my business by poor practices. You know what they say "A happy customer tells one person, an angry customer tells five."

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
You know what they say "A happy customer tells one person, an angry customer tells five."
or in this case, an angry customer tells LT(which is much worse than 5 people).

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
So my wife called the Dealership this AM. to see what day would be best to come get the car...they decided to ignore the fact we gave them the "$500.00 earnest cash"...and sold the car out from under us.
...that's pretty despicable - no reason for anyone to do business with a dealership so unscrupulous, maybe it's a blessing in disguise...

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Looks well-maintained.. but be happy you didn't get it. I wouldn't touch anything that's been "sticker'izd" - KN filter sticker under the lid? pfff! ;p
Considering the fact that the possible (probable?) prior owner worked for Turbo XS and designed an intake for these cars on a dyno, not so sure I'd be so quick to judge. If you look closely, you'll see said intake.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts