The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allo all. I'm a newbie and just wanted to say hi. I just placed my deposit on my Elise, can't wait to own one. I currently drive a FX, but I am coming from an 01 M Coupe. When I bought my coupe the owner was moving to England and was going to be purchasing an Elise. I guess it was inevitable! :cool:

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
It's like we should have some sort of initiation or something. :)

Welcome to the forum and to being part of the Elise experience.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Deposit at Overseas Motors!

I'm number 55 at overseas motors, dallas. Anyone know when we will get brochures on the car and will the Toyota dealership be able to do general maintanence on the car you think?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
mykemyke said:
I just placed my deposit on my Elise, can't wait to own one.
If you just placed a deposit, you better be able to wait, cuz it will be a while before you see yours! :D

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Re: Re: Well, I'm on the list...

jml1952 said:
If you just placed a deposit, you better be able to wait, cuz it will be a while before you see yours! :D
Awww, be nice to the newbie! Sadly, he might be waiting less than we have been waiting, if you consider that many of us have been waiting years.

Welcome to the board Myke!

·
Registered
299 Posts
waiting

Well, i know this sounds retarded, but i want to wait awhile because i'm graduating from pharmacy school in May, and i want to have all of my stuff in line as well as a 'nice' down payment so i can really enjoy my elise. Have any of you guy s heard if we will be able to get work done on them at a toyota dealer, because i will be living in shreveport, La and its about 2 hours to the nearest dealer in dallas?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Re: waiting

ulmpharmd said:
Well, i know this sounds retarded, but i want to wait awhile because i'm graduating from pharmacy school in May, and i want to have all of my stuff in line as well as a 'nice' down payment so i can really enjoy my elise. Have any of you guy s heard if we will be able to get work done on them at a toyota dealer, because i will be living in shreveport, La and its about 2 hours to the nearest dealer in dallas?
I wouldnt want toyota to work on the car, IMHO. I own a toyota, and have had mixed feelings about dealer service. Wouldnt want to give them a car that they havent a clue how to work on, considering that they sometimes dont know how to work on their own cars.

·
Registered
299 Posts
What about oil changes and basic maintanence. Do you think i can do them myself on this car or is everything too hard to get too?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Well, it's easy to change the oil on the celica, but who knows how cramped the engine will be inside the elise chassis. And the sump may be different than the celica due to the addition of the oil coolers. So its too early to tell.

·
Registered
206 Posts
ulmpharmd said:
What about oil changes and basic maintanence. Do you think i can do them myself on this car or is everything too hard to get too?
Knowing what the back of other elise derivetives are like.
I shouldn't think you'll have a problem.
Do you have ramps or an inspection pit so you can get under the car ?
you'll find about a dozen hex bolts holding the rear section of the undertray in place. You'll need to drop this off to get at some bits.

I agree with MW about using Toyota dealers
especially as so much of this car is completly different from anything they would have seen before. Bonded Aluminium - say no more. Even the Toyota engine would be better attended to at a Lotus dealers, the Toyota guys are likely to consider it a standard toyota engine and not realise certain aspects will be differrent.

and there's the - Warrenty
To keep this you'll prob have to take your car to an approved dealer.

and finally - resale
Having all work done on the car by Lotus will help the resale value. Well it does here anyway..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts