The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this will be my last post on here for a while atleast until I find out if my baby can be saved or if it is a total loss.

This has been a great site and I did have lots of plans but now all is up in the air.

Thank everyone.

Stephen

Attachments

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looks like front wheel is pushed way back . That might be the end for this Lotus:(
Sorry about your ride . Hope nobody got hurt .

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damage and Explanation

If you look at the Front Wheel you can see it resting against the rear of the wheel well. So I look inside the wheel well and there is an Aluminum Bracket that is torn and looks like a ragged peice of paper. Apparently the Wheel is what took all the hit.

As for what happened I was following my roommate to Lowes Home Improvement Store in Cary NC. I was preparing to change to the right lane and was checking the blind spot when I looked back all I saw was the Rear end of my roomates 280SLK. Apparently the person in front of my roomate got confused with the new traffic pattern and stopped suddenly.

It was all just bad timing. I had enough time to turn my car enough to prevent me hitting the slk with the full front of my car. The result is that my roommates car was driveable and my is not.

The important thing is she is OK and no one was hurt.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Sorry Stephen! Glad you are ok

·
Registered
693 Posts
Glad you are ok.... and looks like you're very fortunate you didn't have a passenger in the car. From the looks of it..it could have turned real ugly fast.

·
Super Moderator
5,452 Posts
If you look at the Front Wheel you can see it resting against the rear of the wheel well. So I look inside the wheel well and there is an Aluminum Bracket that is torn and looks like a ragged peice of paper. Apparently the Wheel is what took all the hit.

As for what happened I was following my roommate to Lowes Home Improvement Store in Cary NC. I was preparing to change to the right lane and was checking the blind spot when I looked back all I saw was the Rear end of my roomates 280SLK. Apparently the person in front of my roomate got confused with the new traffic pattern and stopped suddenly.

It was all just bad timing. I had enough time to turn my car enough to prevent me hitting the slk with the full front of my car. The result is that my roommates car was driveable and my is not.

The important thing is she is OK and no one was hurt.
Sorry to hear and very glad you are both OK - cars can be repaired/replaced!

Not that there will be a next time but it would have been better to hit full on than with the corner of the car. That way the full crash structure would have absorbed the hit (the Merc would have also distributed the hit evenly accross the back) and it is possible that the car would have been repairable. I know that is very easy to say from the luxury of my desk and no adrenaline in the system and all that...

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
POsting here should have nothing to do with you owning a lotus or not. THe person who has the most posts does not own a Lotus! And, for some reason we can't stop him from posting. How many posts were made to this forum before someone actually owned a lotus? Posting will keep your mind off your misfortune and hopefully you'll end up with a 240s when all is said and done.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Ouch! Glad everyone is ok. That pic makes me cringe and think it could've been any of us. Hope it all turns out for the best.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Any aluminum damage to the chassis=total loss. ( at least mine was)

·
Older but getting faster
523 Posts
I'm SO sorry to hear about this. As fellow Carolinians (of the Southern extraction) Mrs. Man of Steel and I offer our heart-felt condolences and hope to see you in your new Lotus on the Blue Ridge Parkway in the not-too-distant future.
:shift:

Most importantly, we're glad to hear that no one was seriously injured. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts