The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but I got my 12 volt accessory socket swapped out in the Elise. There was a one hour break for lunch, 1 hour break for swearing, 1 hour yoga prep, and 1 hour of actual work.
Has anyone noticed that the Elise is a bit tight to work in?
Now I can drive to Kansas and charge my phone or plug in my antique Ipod. Or a GPS even. The possibilities seem endless, although I'm fairly certain I don't need a GPS to find Kansas.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Way to go!

Now you need to add a second 12v socket under the front dashboard for the radar detector.

nothing but breeze

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's a good point. Countermeasures are in my future. I need a great headlamp - that's what i really learned from my first mod. Holding a flashlight in your mouth, trying not to drool while tightening screws is more challenge than i need.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^yup - that's the ideal location - where did you get your juice from? :)

·
Registered
742 Posts
hhmmm not a bad idea for a little project :popcorn:

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
hhmmm not a bad idea for a little project :popcorn:
enercell accessory outlet - radio shack part number 270-046. Rated at 10 amps, comes w/inline fuse. It's a nice quality part. Unlike the stock part.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks Michael.

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
enercell accessory outlet - radio shack part number 270-046. Rated at 10 amps, comes w/inline fuse. It's a nice quality part. Unlike the stock part.
Same one I used to replace the stock one. Fits American sized plugs much more securely.

Elise is so much roomier to work in than an Europa.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i agree - it is a much nicer part, plus it works! My Europa left me before I had the honor of receiving back injuries from working on it. Oh well. Maybe one day.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ignition switched fuse C1 or C2 will work. I don't use it for my radar detector, as that is mounted under the roll bar.
Michael
where do you get the power for the radar detector? Ive been thinking of hard wiring my V1 and taking the 12v from the remote wire running from the stereo to the amp.

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
where do you get the power for the radar detector? Ive been thinking of hard wiring my V1 and taking the 12v from the remote wire running from the stereo to the amp.
I get the ignition switch power from the center console hazard switch and run it back concealed to the underside of the roll bar.
Michael

Attachments

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pinging Road Dad...

this outlet may be salvageable - i'll drop it in the mail if you want it -small kink in the barrel from where I grabbed it with channel locks.

PS - your pm box is full.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts