The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Like the perceived error in the brochure, either Yoko's making AD07s in a new size (they aren't according to their website) or they are mistaken as to the model of tire (A048s should be on the Sport Pack, unless that's changed for '08).

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Candy Red and Moonstone silver look like they could be really nice colours. Can't wait for real shots.
+1 I think Moonstone Silver in particular should be cool. I thought that when I first saw the paint chips. Now, $5100 cool? :shrug:

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Nice looking site and very easy to navigate. No more Premium Package, huh? Or are they all Premium Package now?
They must be including some of that stuff. Every review I've seen/read has mentioned the presence of a cupholder now, which was part of the Premium Package.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A couple of notes.......

All front wheels are now 6" wide. Thus the AD07s are a new width versus pervious years.

There is no Premium Package for 2008. All of the features of the premium package are now part of the Touring package which has increased in price from $1,450 to $1,600.

The Track Package, which is no longer available on the Elise, now only consists of adjustible dampers. The Adjustible Anti-Sway Bar, Rear Track Brace and Harness Bar are now part of the Sport Package and are thus standard on all Exige. Traction Control is also now included with the Sport Package. In the Elise (NA and SC), the Sport Package also includes the Lotus Sport Style Seats. The Sport Package has increased to $2,600 but considering the extra equipment, this is one heck of a deal.

·
Registered
815 Posts
A couple of notes.......

All front wheels are now 6" wide. Thus the AD07s are a new width versus pervious years.

There is no Premium Package for 2008. All of the features of the premium package are now part of the Touring package which has increased in price from $1,450 to $1,600.

The Track Package, which is no longer available on the Elise, now only consists of adjustible dampers. The Adjustible Anti-Sway Bar, Rear Track Brace and Harness Bar are now part of the Sport Package and are thus standard on all Exige. Traction Control is also now included with the Sport Package. In the Elise (NA and SC), the Sport Package also includes the Lotus Sport Style Seats. The Sport Package has increased to $2,600 but considering the extra equipment, this is one heck of a deal.
Very insightful post, thanks! :up:

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
A couple of notes.......

Thanks for the info, Robert. But if that's the case, why does the Sport Pack specify the tires if they're no different from those on the base wheel? Something doesn't seem right about that. Unless the base cars no longer have AD07s. :shrug:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Cool Site !!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
It's a good start but I think it would be great of there was something to alter the interior as well that would really help

·
Registered
788 Posts
They also need to update their dealer list, ascot for example does not have a website, and change the background where you enter zip codes from yellow.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
If you go here, it says the same thing about AD07s - no mention of A048s at all. http://lotuscars.com/elise_190.html Also, it says that the base wheels are 5.5" wide, which is the same as before.

I did find this: http://wiki.seloc.org/a/Tyres It states that a number of people from SELOC have requested AD07s in 195 width. Maybe that explains it, but who knows? I can't see Lotus going away from the A048s of the Sport Pack unless they've had a whole bunch of complaints about the treadlife. I tend to think that most people who go with that option know what they're getting into, especially now that the car's been out for three years.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
FWIW, both the Exige S and Exige S 240 both have A048s stock. To me, that says that since the Sport Pack is included on those models that the Sport Pack for the Elise would also have A048s and they've made a mistake on the brochure and the website. I could be wrong, but it doesn't add up.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
awesome, i tried to use this the other day but it wasnt' working yet. moonstar looks amaaaazing, and the refined sport pack is awesome!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts