The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came home from a couple of weeks trekking around the country for work (Austin and Anchorage) and found something unfamiliar in the garage. ;) Seems the Elise has a new bunkmate! :clap: The C6 originally was expected in last week, but Michael got the call on Tuesday that the car had arrived at Criswell. He's been busy ever since replacing the brake pads with Porterfields, etc. Beautiful color, and looks like it will be great fun to drive. Unfortunately, I got home at midnight last night and it's been raining all day, so no fun drives yet. I'm hoping for a nice sunny weekend! :D

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Most people debate whether to buy an Elise OR a C6. I like your solution better. I'll be interested in hearing which set of keys you find yourself grabbing most often!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MattG said:
Most people debate whether to buy an Elise OR a C6. I like your solution better. I'll be interested in hearing which set of keys you find yourself grabbing most often!
We didn't debate at all. I put the deposit on the Elise and he put the deposit on the C6. ;) I think we each thought the other was a bit nuts initially, but we've ended up with two terrific cars in the garage. The C6 is a bit larger than I'd prefer, but it's a great complement to the Elise.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NtflBlueLiz said:
I like your C6, Its NightFall Blue :D
Not quite, but almost. ;) NightFall Blue is actually darker in person than the C6 LeMans Blue. We'll have to take some pics of the C6 out in the daylight this weekend.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Congrats! The C6 looks great. I'll bet it's gonna look even better from the passenger seat, when I get that ride I was promised! :D

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pinmagic said:
Congrats! The C6 looks great. I'll bet it's gonna look even better from the passenger seat, when I get that ride I was promised! :D
C'mon over anytime, Neil! And I'm actually in town until early December! ;) (Who other than me is crazy enough to schedule trips to Alaska and South Dakota in November and December?!)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DaCrema said:
is the tag going to be "BLUVETT" ???
Close! I think we reserved BLU C6. ;) We've had AMULETT (for an Amulet Red TT), YELOSLK (for, of course, a yellow SLK), and now YELOTUS for the Elise.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
LNZ_YELO said:
Not quite, but almost. ;) NightFall Blue is actually darker in person than the C6 LeMans Blue. We'll have to take some pics of the C6 out in the daylight this weekend.
Great choice! that's the color I'd buy, too.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
LNZ_YELO said:
Congrats on the cars, they are both beautiful.

Be careful parking the Vette on those boards like that, that rear tire hanging over the edge of the board like that can damage the tire pretty quickly.

--Josh

·
Registered
409 Posts
You know, I hate to say this but I could see copying you and having a 'vette as a complement to the Elise.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
That's gotta be one happy garrage :)

Why's the vette standing on the wood BTW?

-doma

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
biobaggie said:
Is that A-MULETT ? Quite fitting for certain parts of VA :D :D
rotfl

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
biobaggie said:
Is that A-MULETT ? Quite fitting for certain parts of VA :D :D
Ummm, no. We're in Northern Virginia. ;) It's pronouned "AM' you let" red.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rob said:
You know, I hate to say this but I could see copying you and having a 'vette as a complement to the Elise.
Hi, Rob -

Funny story: Our next door neighbors have their house for sale and have moved out while it's on the market. They were here a while back and Michael and the neighbor were talking cars. Turns out the neighbor coincidentally ordered the same exact car as Michael with the exception of the transmission, down to the interior color and options. At least he won't be living next door when he takes delivery!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Re: Well, now the garage is truly finished!

JWA said:
Congrats on the cars, they are both beautiful.

Be careful parking the Vette on those boards like that, that rear tire hanging over the edge of the board like that can damage the tire pretty quickly.

--Josh
The full tire patch is in contact with the board. It's just the angle of the pic that's making it look as if the tire is hanging over the edge.

- Ellen

1 - 20 of 29 Posts