The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of an absolutley drop dead gorgeous S Yellow Elise... very unexpected and now in our garage... will post pics etc later. LN and I are very very :cool: :clap: to have this car now...build date was late July and car is flawless.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here is the scoop>>>

Since putting down the deposit 2 1/2 years ago we never knew excactly when to expect the car - we were keeping our hopes down figuring that the car might not be in until the end of the year given all of the delays already experienced. A similar thing happened to us with our 1997 delivery yellow SLK - we were not expecting it until dealer called and asked when we would like to pick it up. At that point, the '98 SLK hadn't even been officially released in the country. Anyway, when Criswell (Tom) (as I posted that they had gotten several Elises delivered) called we went to look at the yellow, figuring we'd make a final decision after seeing the car in the flesh, quite pleasantly surprised that our car came in much a little earlier than we had anticipated (although really much later than we expected when we first made the deposit). In hindsight, I think a lot has to do with the color being ordered, making it difficult to predict exactly when to expect the car.

In any event, we were quite pleasantly surprised. The car is a total blast and was well worth the long wait. We're hoping for sunny climes all weekend. :D

·
Registered
963 Posts
So, where are the photos? Congrats! Hope I also get my car earlier then expected. You lucky SOB! :wallbang:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Re: Here is the scoop>>>

michaelTT said:
Since putting down the deposit 2 1/2 years ago we never knew excactly when to expect the car - we were keeping our hopes down figuring that the car might not be in until the end of the year given all of the delays already experienced. A similar thing happened to us with our 1997 delivery yellow SLK - we were not expecting it until dealer called and asked when we would like to pick it up. At that point, the '98 SLK hadn't even been officially released in the country. Anyway, when Criswell (Tom) (as I posted that they had gotten several Elises delivered) called we went to look at the yellow, figuring we'd make a final decision after seeing the car in the flesh, quite pleasantly surprised that our car came in much a little earlier than we had anticipated (although really much later than we expected when we first made the deposit). In hindsight, I think a lot has to do with the color being ordered, making it difficult to predict exactly when to expect the car.

In any event, we were quite pleasantly surprised. The car is a total blast and was well worth the long wait. We're hoping for sunny climes all weekend. :D
So they had two SY and one blue? I'm very happy for you, but I'm perplexed as well. I thought you indicated that you were number 12 to order correct? What may have happened is that you were #6 on the criswell delivery sheet.

I'm guessing this was the case, as I am deposit #14, with #8 delivery.

When you get finished from staring at the car in the garage, and you come back to the net, let me know what your thoughts are. :D

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well...been detailing the Elise>

just my way of getting to know the car...I am totally impressed with the suspension and the bottom side of this car...TOTALLY exotic and just beautifully done. I will post more talk later but for now just a few pics (and pics do not do this car justice)
Both of these were taken at Criswell...and yes that is a new C6 in the background and it just arrived..

and in case you have wondered what was under the little panels on the front hood...got me wondering anyway>>>

·
Registered
963 Posts
My two favorite cars! Elise and C6! Man, I'd love both of those in my garage. :cool:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well...

tidalwdave said:
My two favorite cars! Elise and C6! Man, I'd love both of those in my garage. :cool:
I did not want to post this on the Elise forum but since you commented... we also have a LeMans Blue C6 coupe on order and is due November or so...I had more than a casual interest in the C6 that just 'happened' to be there... but I have to say the Elise is certainly equal to the Vette in many ways...damn the car was such a blast to drive from the dealer back to Reston (dealer is in Maryland and our home is in Virginia)...and for anyone thinking this car can not scoot...think again.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics, Steve!

Needless to say, we are thrilled. Michael has spent much of the time since we've been home underneath the car and prowling every inch of it.;) Right now we're making our way through the manual, amusing ourselves with the British method of describing automotive functions. :D

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ordered Elise vs arrived Elise>>

When we ordered car (was in the first wave of orders taken by Criswell) there was some unknowns (at that time) about ordering with options and what would be allocated. I order was SY Elise with Touring Pak and no LSS. Hardtop yes if it would not delay production..so did not matter is car came in with or without the top...this one arrived without so we decided that if we REALLY want the top will just order. After receiving car and knowing it will never see snow or ice and I am one of those who will ride with top down in 20 deg weather (cold OK rain and snow not OK) so now at this stage might not get hardtop. BTW the hardtop takes a bit to install and remove so it is more of a 'install for the long term' rather than 'install and/or remove' based on the whims of weather. So...yes it came in as we ordered.

And no did not go to Texas... that hand sign is what I use in diving for a 'all is good/OK' guess I better add a second handsign for 'all is SUPER!!!!' when it comes to the Elise :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts