The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
FMoW has some pretty sweet stuff sitting around.

they have a lotus tech and have worked on my car a couple of times. rates are reasonable. and the best part is that they don't sell white panel vans.

when you get your lotus, come on out to a FMoW track day. the first one this year is in july. you'll see the italians in their natural environment... maybe even pass a few of them.

·
Registered
791 Posts
That's 15 mins from my house, my wife and I have been planning on passing by and drooling a bit. Glad to hear they were so friendly, thanks for the pics. I saw the Maserati GT parked up front a few sundays ago, so sexy.

Cheers,
Nawambo

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya the guys there were really awesome.
I told them I was going to get a lotus in a couple months and they told me about all the NOVA lotus's they service. It was insane to see that many high dollar cars in one place! Driving back home was pretty sad.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
i miss that place! they guys there are so cool !!

i would get my car serviced there from time to time, and i agree - for the upshoot in service and quality - the little extra cost makes it "cheaper" than taking your car somewhere else. seeing things like an enzo on the lift with the undertray removed, or the drivetrain out of a diablo, or a v-12 disasembled on the bench, the coffee / espresso bar, just makes it all that much more of a wonderfull place if you need anything done to your car

talk to wilbur, service rep - he will take car of you. - they like working on Elise/exige

They handled shipping my car out to San Diego.

on a scale of 1-10 i rate FMOW an 11 !!! :up:

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
nice, beautiful machines. might as well be on the moon, tho, as i couldn't afford to throw one away.
the elise is a perfect car as it's within my budget if it gets damaged or destroyed.
thanks for the pictures, they are very good.
sam

·
Registered
247 Posts
ace10 & fitfan... How would your compare their rates to other places where area people get their Lotus cars serviced, such as Curry's or Criswell ?

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
slightly more than the chevy place, significantly more than curry's. i use both FMoW and Curry's, depending on which is more convenient. it's not like i'm bringing the car to either of those places for an oil change, it's usually tire or alignment or inspections. sometimes i'll get a brake bleed if i'm going to the track.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I do my own servicing, but I get the emissions/safety check down at FoW - same rate as the local gas station and then actually take care of the car... :up:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I heart the Gallardo Superleggera... especially that alcantara & CF interior :drool: In LA, I've seen more than a handful of LP640s and Murcs, and I've only seen one Superleggera (parked in my office building for a day). Always a headturner.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,108 Posts
Check out the sweet looking Ford Focus in the background... :up:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts