The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mmm, I still think the Lotus is much more sexy. Makes the Porsche look kinda bloated. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
the boxster has gotten mighty big...

·
Registered
375 Posts
I went to the premiere of the new Porsche Boxster And yes it is a much bigger car but it is also in Much, Much,better car then the one it replaces

·
Registered
693 Posts
Need to test drive the 6MT before I can make a decision.

Any profile shots of your Elise?

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
The Boxster rear end is absolutely hideous. It never was nice, but it's gotten worse over the years.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I really like it. Even though it's bigger, it only looks big next to an Elise. It also weighs less than previous versions and a couple of hundred pounds less than an Evora which I consider it's real competition and worth considering since the Evora doesn't have a convertible yet. The only concern I have is the steering as it has gone electric. There's a white manual S here in LA I want to go test. The fact they even have a manually on the lot is a shocker.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
probably has to do with the shade and colour

the Red one looks more bloated...the black one is not bad...
Here ya go

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not a fan of Porches but I like the rear of the Boxter and being that the engine is in the right place I have to say I would definitely take it over the 911 even if it is slower. All that aside, i agree with the op. The Elise is far sexier than ANY Porche IMHO.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I'd take those wheels though...

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
My '11 Boxster S lease is over in 7 months and the 2013 is on my short list (well, it's an '13 S, Evora (if the price is right), or just a minivan if not one of the other two).

There was something about the 2013 that bother me. The side view is rather bland and then it occurred to me, the 2011 versions have a silver intake to highlight the side of the car.

On a side note, is it true that '011 Evoras are in the $65K range. Any idea were the Evora S' are now?

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
GREAT SHOTS!!!... Elise eclipses the Bxtr in sexiness!

yupp.. interesting though, boxter looks very MR2ish on the sides

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Okay. How do I make my pictures smaller?

·
Registered
480 Posts
You cant from making attachments to the thread. You would photoshop or other program to narrow down the size or dimensions of the photo itself.

Hey i still have my 97 Boxster (Silver exterior and red interior. Really hot back then, but not so much) and it runs perfectly fine (59,400 miles) And i do notice a huge difference in the size of the boxster. Keeping it till it dies lol

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay. How do I make my pictures smaller?
If it's a PC just open the pic on your computer and resize it with the program that opened it.

Even my 42" monitor could handle those pic's lol

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
That first photo is a perfect example of a "his/hers" situation. The Lotus is obviously the "his" car and the Boxster is clearly the "her" car.

My goodness - The Elise makes the Boxster look so bland and uninteresting. YAWN. Why doesnt Porsche hire the Italians to design their cars. Lotus did in the past with great results.

:D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts