The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's all superfluous about the elegance of a showroom, etc... but I have to admit that I was a bit awestruck by Galpin's showroom! It's light, bright and it has it's own Starbucks!

As someone else wrote, Galpin is creating an area exclusive for Lotus deliveries on their 2nd floor. There will be a lighted turntable and the Elise will be driven onto it for delivery. The drawing shows a lounge with fireplace immediately before the turntable. It appears that the Lotus will be sharing the upper floor with Jaguar and Aston Martin. (Volvo and Lincoln Mercury cars are on the main floor.)

On the main floor next to the Starbucks, Galpin has a game room for children complete with two sets of game paddles for (I think) Xboxes. And in the same area is the apparel and parts boutiques, cashier and rental car counters.

Admittedly, I couldn't help but envision the excitement and glamor associated with taking delivery of an Elise in that showroom! It's got to be that "Secret Life of Walter Mitty" side of me coming out... :p

Bob

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ok we know you like the showroom but what did they tell you about the cars. When are they getting there demo etc. Any info would be very helpful

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
rtking said:
I know it's all superfluous about the elegance of a showroom, etc... but I have to admit that I was a bit awestruck by Galpin's showroom! It's light, bright and it has it's own Starbucks!
Starbucks!? that's it, i'm placing a deposit there!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Hey why stop there, why not an onboard coffee maker (drip and espresso, naturally)...:rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Funny guys! :p

OK... supposedly Lotus had been courting them for years to be a dealership. I can't verify the accuracy of that rumor, but that is what I was told.

As for cars... David told me that they were promised at least 20 - 25 cars, but they've decided to hold the total number of deposits at 22. He did mention that they have 7 people "in queue" after the 22 deposits, but he felt tha those were going to be 2005 calendar year deliveries.

No new news beyond that. I had hoped to confirm the total allocation for Galpin, but David wasn't quite sure himself. He though that they might get a total of 25 cars... but that was purely speculative.

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts