The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was the fuel tank on any of the 2-11 or cup car variants larger from the factory? Thinking about going to WRL, but limited to the size fuel tank the chassis came with from the factory.

·
not your dad's puns
1,765 Posts
What, you don't like pit stops? ;) :coolnana:

I seem to recall that the space behind the bulkhead is *very* tight and that they used up every last inch available, between it and the firewall, with the stocker.

I'll see if I can find a good picture that shows what I mean...

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know there isnt a lot of room back there, but you CAN get in a bigger tank. but that isn't the question, I need to know if they sold any in the US for WRL classing rules. I would just run a fuel cell.

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
903 Posts
Was the fuel tank on any of the 2-11 or cup car variants larger from the factory? Thinking about going to WRL, but limited to the size fuel tank the chassis came with from the factory.
Some part number surfing found the Cup 250 (can't find a volume, but looks bigger) and the Cup R (54L) fuel tanks. Both are larger than stock for a 111R. I don't think either was officially imported to the USA, though...

I looked at the Elige and 2-Eleven parts lists and they all use one of two standard-sized tanks. No joy there.

·
not your dad's puns
1,765 Posts
...for WRL classing rules. I would just run a fuel cell.
Ahh k gotcha. Man, classing rules is one thing I don't miss from my AX days. I swear sometimes it seems some of these governing bodies' whole purpose is just to come up with insipid technical requirements like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts