The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, body dude thinks i should just replace my clam but you need 10 years a million dollars to get an OEM one. Anyone have a resource for the CF front clam? I want one that is close to OEM i don't want a race one that i need to fabricate light buckets and what not. As close to bolt on as they get.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lowtush thanks for the response them look like a really nice product. What would separate these from an OEM clam? Hows the fit?

This Clam issue is becoming quite the monster glad onrailsengineering.com offers some solutions. The wife is getting worried all i do now is drown my sorrows in the garage were my baby is usually parked... just want her back on the road.

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
Lowtush thanks for the response them look like a really nice product. What would separate these from an OEM clam? Hows the fit?

This Clam issue is becoming quite the monster glad onrailsengineering.com offers some solutions. The wife is getting worried all i do now is drown my sorrows in the garage were my baby is usually parked... just want her back on the road.
Lets get your baby back on the road.

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
Very interesting, it's the images that are coming soon... Looks like they are taking orders, the clams are made to order, and take 6 weeks.
True story!

We're doing a few of them now!

The pics are tricky for a few reasons. We just haven't done a lot, so it's hard to put pics up we don't have.

My race car is a great example here :Phil's 2015 TT Build ? BOE Fabrication

We're doing another wide body now.

We have 2 Elises in the works and I think a 2010 Exige Conversion front end coming along...

The reason each is built to order is because we can customize quite a bit.

Typically we remove the seems on the Elise, remove the license plate plinth on Elise (we have a splitter mold that's plinthless for the Elise to go with it), remove the gills next to the tail lights on the Elise, and so on... We can also add the exige "venting" behind the front tires to the Elise, which is both functional and cool...

On the Exige. I don't have the 2006-2008 front end design done yet. That's really just the air inlet on the front. The hinge covers and access panels are interchangable. I like the 2010 front end on the Exige so that's what's made so far.

Can use the early 05-early07 headlights or the later 07-2011 headlights in either the Elise or Exige clams, so that saves a lot of money for those wanting to convert to later Exige front end from an earlier Elise/Exige...

Can build the rear clams with our without boots. The boots weigh 7lbs FWIW.

6 weeks is a rough estimate to build, but we're something like that...

The carbon is not exposed weave, BUT if you want a carbon "stripe" that's finished down the center, we can do that...

I think that covers the big points in addition to what I put on the site...

-Phil

·
purveyor of lightness
4,257 Posts
The carbon is not exposed weave, BUT if you want a carbon "stripe" that's finished down the center, we can do that...
Rear CF Bandito Mask Baby!

I've seen these in person and they're absolutely amazing. Super strong and you can pick the entire clam up with a finger. Seriously.

I'm one of those Elise folks that Phil was mentioning.
50+ lbs. weight savings by changing out the front/rear clams is nothing to sneeze at. There's NOTHING wrong with my existing clams - I just want a change... along with the WEIGHT savings :)

Also looks like I'll have a nice GG set of clams for sale soon!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey all, Very exciting stuff. Any of you replacing clams have an Elise or Exige rear clam they'd like to part with? I'm looking for one, preferably in Chrome Orange, to hang on my wall, so doesn't need to be in perfect condition. I'll cut it down to be flush.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.