The Lotus Cars Community banner

The Emira comes in six colors - which is your fav?

• Seneca Blue

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nimbus Grey

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Shadow Grey

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Dark Verdant

Votes: 48 29.3%
  • Hethel Yellow

Votes: 40 24.4%
  • Magma Red

Votes: 12 7.3%
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
'22 Emira V6MT Deposit '05 Elise SC Sold '99 M Roadster '05 TT 3.2L Coupe '09 Carrera 4S '07 M Coupe
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also posted this same poll on r/Lotus. Dark Verdant is the top choice so far; +60 total votes have been cast.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
I'd like a "paint to sample" option. Is the Nimbus Grey the same as Audi's? As great as Lotus' configurator is, I cannot get a read on a few of the colors. I know on the GT, the colors look different in person than on the site. Is Hethel Yellow a metallic?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'm shocked They dont offer orange, white, or another bright color like krypton green. I feel that's What makes Lotus fun, having bright colors to choose from. So with that said, my vote goes to yellow although I'm not a fan of yellow. If I wanted to go more classic, the dark green would be my next choice... then add some yellow stripes.

·
Premium Member
'22 Emira V6MT Deposit '05 Elise SC Sold '99 M Roadster '05 TT 3.2L Coupe '09 Carrera 4S '07 M Coupe
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd like a "paint to sample" option. Is the Nimbus Grey the same as Audi's? As great as Lotus' configurator is, I cannot get a read on a few of the colors. I know on the GT, the colors look different in person than on the site. Is Hethel Yellow a metallic?
I totally agree. I’m hounding my Lotus dealer for details. The response I got is that they’ll be showcasing around North America this November with paint samples and cars.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
I totally agree. I’m hounding my Lotus dealer for details. The response I got is that they’ll be showcasing around North America this November with paint samples and cars.
For sure, the red is most likely to look as it does on the screen. The blue we've seen in the presentation. Was dark verdant the one Jensen drove? He mentioned he fancied the yellow. I am digging that one too.

·
Registered
1994 Supra TT 6 speed MKIV
75 Posts
Dark Verdant for me!

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Keep in mind these are all the first edition colors. I'm sure Lotus will offer more and/or custom ones, just like they did in the later Evora models. Maybe the limited color selection is to test out their new paint booth/methods; less to correct if things go horribly sideways.

·
Administrator
7,564 Posts
None of the above...maybe yellow....hopefully agentdr8 is correct!

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Well we definitely know that white is possible, as there was one in the background in one of the video reviews or interviews (can't remember which).

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
I’m disappointed that orange isn’t an option on the first edition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
233 Posts
White for me too but since that isn't an option, then the Blue. Though the Red looks sick on the Emira Cup concept I saw.

·
Registered
Bordeaux Red Pearl 2005 Elise
57 Posts
I really wish they had a burgundy or purple, and definitely an orange, but these are the launch colors so I will go with the green.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts