The Lotus Cars Community banner

The Emira comes in six colors - which is your fav?

• Seneca Blue

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nimbus Grey

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Shadow Grey

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Dark Verdant

Votes: 48 29.3%
  • Hethel Yellow

Votes: 40 24.4%
  • Magma Red

Votes: 12 7.3%
21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,394 Posts
I want the same paint as my other car. ;) :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: You know I'm kidding, because the car pictured has a WING on the back!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Defilitely need bright colors. Krypton Green all the way (y):cool::love:...classic green with tan is beautiful... but the yellow and blue do show the graceful curves.

And add the targa version (find a way to store the top in the car and not a t home)😉

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm shocked They dont offer orange, white, or another bright color like krypton green. I feel that's What makes Lotus fun, having bright colors to choose from. So with that said, my vote goes to yellow although I'm not a fan of yellow. If I wanted to go more classic, the dark green would be my next choice... then add some yellow stripes.
Agreed, part of the fun is all the different color options available over the years.

Keep in mind these are all the first edition colors. I'm sure Lotus will offer more and/or custom ones, just like they did in the later Evora models. Maybe the limited color selection is to test out their new paint booth/methods; less to correct if things go horribly sideways.
This seems the most likely scenario. It will be interesting to see what colors they add next, and if they discontinue any of the current colors at that point or not.

·
Registered
1994 Supra TT 6 speed MKIV
75 Posts
This would be my build.
-Dark Verdant
-Lower Black Pack
-Gloss Black Ultra Light V spoke Forged Alloy Wheels
-Yellow calipers
-Still deciding on the Black or Tan Leather. No alcantara since it wears easily and doesn't age well.
-V6/6speed

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm glad we don't have to commit to a color scheme for a while :). I'm thinking Blue as my default choice but I'd really like to see the Red in person first. Where I'm really struggling is body color vs. black pack for the roof.

The Magma Red in the Configurator is CGI so I'll need to see if it comes out differently in real life. Seems like it's the color "Burnt Sienna". I'd probably want a little more "molten lava" in my magma :).

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'm glad we don't have to commit to a color scheme for a while :). I'm thinking Blue as my default choice but I'd really like to see the Red in person first. Where I'm really struggling is body color vs. black pack for the roof.

The Magma Red in the Configurator is CGI so I'll need to see if it comes out differently in real life. Seems like it's the color "Burnt Sienna". I'd probably want a little more "molten lava" in my magma :).
The black pack is ok but I dont like how it blacks out the mirror caps. Body color makes it look wider Too imo.

Reactions: SpyderBite

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think green because lotus... black packs, black wheels, yellow calipers, interior alcantara w/yellow stick and ring

I kinda like the nimbus gray, but so many cars are grey these days

Reactions: DesmoSD

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
There will be a zillion colors after the first edition cars.. it will be easy to avoid the 1st year gremlins this way.....hehehe
Having had Lotus Racing Green with red leather, given the initial choices I'd have to go with Hethel Yellow , red calipers and red interior (with no black packs hate that black roof look). Suedetex if available as its so comfortable and mine has worn like iron in my 2011S. Louvered engine bay or I'll have HK make one. Busting the glass is a real treat..............
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Reactions: Maurice R

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm shocked They dont offer orange, white, or another bright color like krypton green. I feel that's What makes Lotus fun, having bright colors to choose from. So with that said, my vote goes to yellow although I'm not a fan of yellow. If I wanted to go more classic, the dark green would be my next choice... then add some yellow stripes.
I'm with you, Chrome Orange would be amazing sitting next to my Chrome Orange Elise SC!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Looks like they've decided the 6 colors on the configurator are the only ones they're offering for the First Edition launch car, but there will be 13 available after the launch. I would imagine a First Edition customer would be able to choose any of the 6, just like the caliper colors, without any extra charge. I hope that's the case anyways.

From looking at the configurator carefully, it looks like the lower Black Pack is just black exhaust tips. I couldn't see anything else changing. The Black Pack option is just the roof, A pillar and top of the sideview mirrors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks like they've decided the 6 colors on the configurator are the only ones they're offering for the First Edition launch car, but there will be 13 available after the launch. I would imagine a First Edition customer would be able to choose any of the 6, just like the caliper colors, without any extra charge. I hope that's the case anyways.

From looking at the configurator carefully, it looks like the lower Black Pack is just black exhaust tips. I couldn't see anything else changing. The Black Pack option is just the roof, A pillar and top of the sideview mirrors.
I couldn't see a difference on the lower Black Pack and I kept looking all around the vehicle. Now I know what to look for. Thx!

·
Banned
3 Posts
This would be my build.
-Dark Verdant
-Lower Black Pack
-Gloss Black Ultra Light V spoke Forged Alloy Wheels
-Yellow calipers
-Still deciding on the Black or Tan Leather. No alcantara since it wears easily and doesn't age well.
-V6/6speed

View attachment 1291542
View attachment 1291543
View attachment 1291544
Love the color choice. I am doing the Verdant, with Tan Leather, black leather wheel and silver forged wheels and V6 manual. This will be my first Lotus. Can't wait!!!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,870 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
where did you get the info that there will be 13 colors later? I put a deposit at Galpin pre-announcement, but I will not buy the car in the crap colors at launch.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts