The Lotus Cars Community banner

The Emira comes in six colors - which is your fav?

• Seneca Blue

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nimbus Grey

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Shadow Grey

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Dark Verdant

Votes: 48 29.3%
  • Hethel Yellow

Votes: 40 24.4%
  • Magma Red

Votes: 12 7.3%
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
It was mentioned in the launch brochure for the Quail Event. It appears that some if not most of the 6 launch colors are special metallics.

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
How about Kubota Orange, hehe

·
Registered
2022 Lotus Emira
259 Posts
It appears that some if not most of the 6 launch colors are special metallics.
Please define special.

Special as in they're metallic (not special) or special in that they won't be available after launch (special)? Or is there another kind of special? Also, do you have a source for this or just something you wish for?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Does the blue look like a metallic to you? Yet it is. It appears they're very fine flake metallics. The only ones I'm not sure of would be the Nimbus Gray and Hethel Yellow, but after seeing a close-up of the blue, they may also be metallics. Usually special metallics are paint colors that are an option, and they cost extra. It looks like First Edition buyers get their choice of one of those 6 special colors. Will they still be available after the first year? I would think so, but I fully expect them to cost extra at that point. The full range of color choices will undoubtedly include non-metallic standards like black, white, traditional red, orange, etc.

So just to make sure you aren't confused, special metallic paint colors are paint colors that are metallic, and they're extra; they're normally not included in the base price. You have to pay extra for them if you want your car in one of those colors. HOWEVER, if the car you're looking at is a special edition, like the launch spec First Edition Emira, THEN you may be able to choose one of those special metallic paint colors as part of the base price of that special edition model. Isn't that great? 😃

·
Registered
2022 Lotus Emira
259 Posts
Does the blue look like a metallic to you? Yet it is. It appears they're very fine flake metallics. The only ones I'm not sure of would be the Nimbus Gray and Hethel Yellow, but after seeing a close-up of the blue, they may also be metallics. Usually special metallics are paint colors that are an option, and they cost extra. It looks like First Edition buyers get their choice of one of those 6 special colors. Will they still be available after the first year? I would think so, but I fully expect them to cost extra at that point. The full range of color choices will undoubtedly include non-metallic standards like black, white, traditional red, orange, etc.

So just to make sure you aren't confused, special metallic paint colors are paint colors that are metallic, and they're extra; they're normally not included in the base price. You have to pay extra for them if you want your car in one of those colors. HOWEVER, if the car you're looking at is a special edition, like the launch spec First Edition Emira, THEN you may be able to choose one of those special metallic paint colors as part of the base price of that special edition model. Isn't that great? 😃
Got it, so this is pure conjecture on your part. That's what I wanted to establish. Sometimes you write things in a way that make them sound factual, like you've heard them from Lotus in some way.

Anyway, waiting until next month to see what's up. I LOVE the looks of the car, but 'special' has to be special... if it's not I'll wait. I have plenty of cars and always have a Huracan EVO as a backup.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Got it, so this is pure conjecture on your part. That's what I wanted to establish. Sometimes you write things in a way that make them sound factual, like you've heard them from Lotus in some way.

Anyway, waiting until next month to see what's up. I LOVE the looks of the car, but 'special' has to be special... if it's not I'll wait. I have plenty of cars and always have a Huracan EVO as a backup.
So this statement
Font Brand Handwriting Logo Paper product

doesn't look like an opinion, a guess, a "conjecture", it appears as "factual" to you?

The only thing you've "established" is you have issues. I'll leave it at that. Enjoy your "plenty of cars".

·
Registered
2022 Lotus Emira
259 Posts
So this statement
View attachment 1295876
doesn't look like an opinion, a guess, a "conjecture", it appears as "factual" to you?

The only thing you've "established" is you have issues. I'll leave it at that. Enjoy your "plenty of cars".
Oh no, that does sound like conjecture, which is why I wanted to understand what you meant and what "special" meant. You answered and confirmed it. I'm merely echoing your confirmation. Not sure why you're getting all flustered. We're basically on the same page, but you're taking it personally for some reason. Don't worry, nothing personal here, I'm not the type. Cheers, have a good night ;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
How dark the green is will make my decision, but I may not have that choice if I order before I see the color on cars or in vids/pics.. I think they all look nice minus the dark grey (which is whats starting my concern about the dark verdant)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Out of curiosity, how many folks like me are picking the lighter grey just because it's the closest thing you can get to white? I remain amazed and surprised they're not offering the initial batch in either white or black.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Out of curiosity, how many folks like me are picking the lighter grey just because it's the closest thing you can get to white? I remain amazed and surprised they're not offering the initial batch in either white or black.
I think those colors are considered standard colors, and the First Edition is getting to choose from what appear to be special option metallic colors. The configurator shows that the red and green are clearly metallic, and from the close-ups I've been able to see of the blue and dark gray, those are both very fine metallic flake paints too, so I'm guessing the light grey and yellow are also metallics. I know it sucks if you want a First Edition, and also want one of the standard colors, but you can always get your car repainted.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Special and boring

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't think these are boring at all, they look pretty darned good to me:

View attachment 1296010
View attachment 1296011

They could have used a better red, but these two look good enough.
They do look good… However for me personally to trade in my yellow ‘19 911T I am gonna need something along: Venom or Vivid or Krypton Green. Or Chrome Orange. May just sadly have to wait till first edition is over.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Lotus has never thrown everything on the table at once. Given that the car, essentially in its original form, is going to have to be viable 'new' for nearly 10 years, Lotus will mete out options, upgrades, and special liveries over time, while keeping the core of the car intact and unchanged. What's the over/under on when there will be a JPS inspired livery?

I know folks are looking at the 'new' Lotus and its car, the Emira as a departure from the 'old' Lotus and its 'less refined' cars, but business is business.

FYI, there originally were no plans for a white Elise in its first MY in the US. But a couple of folks paid extra to have Lotus paint them white at the factory towards the end of the MY run, and Lotus did finally put out a couple more right at the end of the MY. I've seen different numbers, but I believe a thread on here a couple of years ago confirmed at least 4.

This may or may not have changed in the 'new' Lotus, but Lotus has long had the practice of painting your new car any color you want, at the factory, if you're willing to write a big enough check.

Reactions: dgrace

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lotus has never thrown everything on the table at once. Given that the car, essentially in its original form, is going to have to be viable 'new' for nearly 10 years, Lotus will mete out options, upgrades, and special liveries over time, while keeping the core of the car intact and unchanged. What's the over/under on when there will be a JPS inspired livery?

I know folks are looking at the 'new' Lotus and its car, the Emira as a departure from the 'old' Lotus and its 'less refined' cars, but business is business.

FYI, there originally were no plans for a white Elise in its first MY in the US. But a couple of folks paid extra to have Lotus paint them white at the factory towards the end of the MY run, and Lotus did finally put out a couple more right at the end of the MY. I've seen different numbers, but I believe a thread on here a couple of years ago confirmed at least 4.

This may or may not have changed in the 'new' Lotus, but Lotus has long had the practice of painting your new car any color you want, at the factory, if you're willing to write a big enough check.
I am willing to pay $5K PTS

·
Registered
7,335 Posts

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
41 - 60 of 88 Posts