The Lotus Cars Community banner

The Emira comes in six colors - which is your fav?

• Seneca Blue

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nimbus Grey

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Shadow Grey

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Dark Verdant

Votes: 48 29.3%
  • Hethel Yellow

Votes: 40 24.4%
  • Magma Red

Votes: 12 7.3%
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Out of curiosity, how many folks like me are picking the lighter grey just because it's the closest thing you can get to white? I remain amazed and surprised they're not offering the initial batch in either white or black.
I'm considering the Nimbus Gray, but wife is encouraging the darker color. Will have to see it to make the final determination. I do like the lighter gray though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just been to the dealer to see the colours in the flesh. Before the visit the yellow was going to be our choice. Afterwards not so much...it is a very flat and non-metallic looking finish. The seneca blue has a really nice fleck in it up close, but the car we saw in the colour also looked "flat" until you got close so not going for that either. The verdant green looks almost black unless the sun shines directly on it when you see some wonderful light tone greens and flecks accordingly. This and the tan leather now seems like our front runner...though seriously tempted to wrap it in pearlescent white on delivery and to preserve the paintwork for 5 years while having an unusual finish for the launch edition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is a nice combo. Any thoughts on the dark gray? I know it's the least popular color per the survey.
The dark grey was the least impressive for me in the flesh...no interest or duality to the colour at all (followed by the yellow which was the same). The light grey has a dark speckle to it and titanium paintwork always looks good, even when dirty imho. The red also looked much better in the flesh (lighter and more unusual than was expecting and with a nice fleck)

·
Registered
229 Posts
One reason I think light colors will look especially good for the Emira is the fact that the design incorporates a dark rocker panel that gives the car an illusion of a thin waist on the side profile. This is what gives the Emira it's dynamic styling characteristics. This look is lost with a dark color as the rocker panels then blend together with the body. Take a look at the dark grey from the side. It looks like a McLaren F1. Not bad, but not the same feeling as the red/blue/yellow/silver. I feel the dark verdant will have the same "issue".

·
Registered
38 Posts
One reason I think light colors will look especially good for the Emira is the fact that the design incorporates a dark rocker panel that gives the car an illusion of a thin waist on the side profile. This is what gives the Emira it's dynamic styling characteristics. This look is lost with a dark color as the rocker panels then blend together with the body. Take a look at the dark grey from the side. It looks like a McLaren F1. Not bad, but not the same feeling as the red/blue/yellow/silver. I feel the dark verdant will have the same "issue".
Agree. Have settled on Nimbus Grey.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Already configured both of mine with Lotus now:

Nimbus Grey + Red Leather + Black Wheels + Red Callipers + NO black pack + Sports Pack with Goodyear F1

and

Magma Red + Black Alcantara with red stitch + Black Wheels + Yellow Callipers + NO black pack + Sports Pack with Goodyear F1

I'll be modifying one of those quite a bit but keeping those to myself :)
I have changed my mind since my last Emira video.

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
They don't make it yet...

·
Registered
708 Posts
Already configured both of mine with Lotus now:

Nimbus Grey + Red Leather + Black Wheels + Red Callipers + NO black pack + Sports Pack with Goodyear F1

and

Magma Red + Black Alcantara with red stitch + Black Wheels + Yellow Callipers + NO black pack + Sports Pack with Goodyear F1

I'll be modifying one of those quite a bit but keeping those to myself :)
I have changed my mind since my last Emira video.
You're doing both with the Sports Pack? Which one is going to be your street car?

·
Registered
29 Posts
It does look good in green. View attachment 1291417
This is the color that ANY Lotus should be. Jim Clark achieved Lotus’s dominance in Formula 1 in cars that were British Racing Green. I realize that many members here may not be aware that Lotus’s most dominant era was when Jim Clark was at the wheel of British Racing Green F1 cars. During the Jim Clark era,
Lotus was beating the pants off of Ferrari, BRM, and all contenders.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The “golden years” for Lotus F1 was when Jim Clark was driving British Racing Green cars. They were the cars that were beating the pants off of Ferrari. After Clark crashed and was killed while driving at Germany’s F1 track, which was bordered by Forest——with large trees, Lotus abandoned British Racing Green. After Clark died, Lotus switched the color to a garish combination of red and gold. I think that switch was advertising something.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
After Clark died, Lotus switched the color to a garish combination of red and gold. I think that switch was advertising something.
Title sponsors decide what the car is going to look like within reason. They are paying for it all.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts