The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, it was amazing for autoX today! 65 and sunny, no clouds, light wind. Stunning this late in the year.

My thanks to Steve Brown, who really helped me out today with improvements with my runs. Steve-I nailed a clean sub-50 (49.944) on my last run! Thanks for your help. And the old adage of going slower to go faster is very, very true. Slowing in the transitions made a huge difference for setting up the succeeding segments.

It was also great to meet John Stimson and John DeCrema. A guy had a se7en there, too, and had FTD. Man he was fast in that little thing.

One more note-the AO48s are miles above the AD07s for autoXing. I can only imagine the Hoosiers (dreaming of next spring...):)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
It was nice to finally meet some of you in person. Jerry, who's already looking pretty competent out there on course after only a handful of events. John DaCrema, who wonders why everyone is in such a hurry to get off the course. And Steve Brown, who let me drive his Miata for the event!

It was a great event, well-run, good weather (especially for Maryland in November), and a fun course. I really enjoy grippy pavement with interesting topography, and the parking lot at Ripken definitely qualifies.

Results are up!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice Job, John. You won it hands down. The afternoon Miatas weren't even close. You and Steve looked so smooth going through the course. It didn't even look fast, as it appeared so effortless. I guess that's the key, though-smooth.

BTW-my 49+ second afternoon run didn't count because I had run in the morning, so it's listed as non-comp at the bottom.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I snapped a couple of pics (afternoon session) before I left for work. It was a fun day and yes why is everyone in such a hurry. Oh well, maybe next time I will stay on course for most of the runs. It was great to see everyone.

Click here to see the results

I should of paid more attention to John's post above. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Surferjer said:

One more note-the AO48s are miles above the AD07s for autoXing. I can only imagine the Hoosiers (dreaming of next spring...):)
Does this mean that you now have upgraded your tires/suspension to sports pack or that you were driving someone elses car?

Another autocrosser on AD07's wants to know.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I upgraded. I swapped out the springs to the LSS ones, and bought SSRs and AO48s for my car. The only thing I didn't change was the dampers. I want adjustable ones down the road, so it didn't make sense to shell out $800 for shocks I would toss next spring. And this may be the only set of AO48s I ever buy, unless they end up with decent tread life on the street. My next tire purchase will be the Hoosiers, and I'll continue on AD07s on the street. I drive the car every day, so I need tires to have some longevity.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Geez-that Camaro in front of looks like a Hummer!

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Surferjer said:
Geez-that Camaro in front of looks like a Hummer!
At first, I thought it was on a trailer!!!

Edit: on second glance, I think it's on jack stands

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually I believe it's just on the ground in line. There's that little go cart in front of it, but we were all lining up to make our runs. The camaro was running in front of me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts