The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 2 long weeks of waiting because paper work and red tape with financing, my 2005 Elise is finally at her new home in Michigan. It was impossible to get financing on an out of state car, 4 banks or credit unions that I called would not finance a car with an out of state tile. :mad: There is away to do it which is why it took me 2 weeks to get it done.

Anyways, what a blast my wife and I had driving it home from Knoxville,TN to China,MI(it is about 20 miles south of Port Huron) It was everything I expected and more. I ran into the basic Lotus situations on the way home, The girl in the giant SUV that wanted my lane, even though I was still in it. Luckily I saw it coming. Of course the admirers when we stopped for gas both times were great.

I would like to say than you to QueenB for taking such good care of the car while it was in her possession.

Here are a few pictures of her at her new home. I can hardly wait to get back in and drive some more. As if 650 miles in a day wasn't enough.

The only bad part was the mile of dirt road that I had to crawl down to get home

Attachments

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like you were made for a Lotus! You'll know you're really Lotus crazy when you start pricing the cost of paving that mile of dirt road.

Tom

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Love that color! :clap:

- z

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Great car, congrats! Hope there is Starshield on it with that driveway. May be worth the investment of paving that sucker.

P.S. You will have to post up pictures of your dogs on the dogs thread in section Other. Don't think those puppies will fit unless you take the top off!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yeah, we have a dirt driveway too. 3/10ths of a mile. I've pretty much given up keeping the car clean, which is a shame because it's Chrome Orange.

·
Registered
361 Posts
awesome, mine gets on the delivery truck tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
ohh wow, you live really close to me.

i live in marysville, MI

hopefully ill see your car driving around here one of these days so i can oggle it ;)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My wife wants the driveway paved but I just can't justify the expense since I would still have to drive down the dirt road just to get to my paved drive.:(

As soon as the road gets paved, so will my drive way.:shift:

I kind of look at it like a warm up period for my car. This way I'm not tempted to start it up and race away.rotfl

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
CONGRATS and welcome to the insanity! :)

Yes, always assume every SUV owner does not see you and 90% of the time you'll be right. I pretend I'm riding a motorcycle whenever I'm in the Elise.

Get that driveway paved! lol!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts