The Lotus Cars Community banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
She will maybe tell us how this happend, but I guess the design of the "Nifty Lifty" and the hydraulic failure lead to this.

Others members had already concerns about using this adapter.

Bolting the "Nifty Lifty" on the jack, could be an improvement...
I had to replace my diffuser and exhaust on my Evora after a Nifty Lifty accident. I might still use it if I have to get all the wheels off of the ground, but only to lift it from wheel stands to jack stands.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
519 Posts
Dangerous, just plain dangerous. I hate to see this happen, but I also sort of believe you got what you deserved by being lazy about your lift method. Just do it right from now on....please?
The OP wasn’t doing anything other than using a product sold by a LT vendor, that many of us have and use, and she was using wheel chocks, and had a jack slip or fail. Hardly a “got what you deserved by being lazy” situation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The OP wasn’t doing anything other than using a product sold by a LT vendor, that many of us have and use, and she was using wheel chocks, and had a jack slip or fail. Hardly a “got what you deserved by being lazy” situation.
Does LT vet the safety of LT vendor products? I think it's wholly appropriate to identify products that are not well designed or tend to have accidents.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
So happy that you're not harmed @Mai Mai . People occasionally sell used oem diffusers on here for reasonable prices. If a black diffuser off an Exige becomes available you may want to consider that to give your Elise a slightly different look. Physically Exige and Elise diffusers are no different, just bare aluminum vs painted black.
Oh didn’t know I’ll check it out. Thank you

81 - 87 of 87 Posts