The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy knows the car and the track like the back of his hand...

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
If I was one of those motorcycle riders in the beginning I would have freaked out the way he passed......just saying. :eek:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
This was a excellent drive. Not an easy task for being the toughest track in the world. He apexed too early a few times, but it's hard with those off-camber corners. Impressive overall. Is it sad I new it was Nurburgring in the first 10 seconds without even reading the title?

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
I got a stiffy just watching that! Awesome.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I can't see the embedded video - can I trouble someone to copy the URL?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Well... he made it around.... can't say I'm overly impressed with his driving skills. It looks fast but in reality it isn't. I lost count of how many times he almost losses it and his top speed was only about 130 mph

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STl442S5Q6I&feature=colike-

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
My lord, how FUN does that look?!?!?

Bucket list item #1. Ok, number 2 after 'hook up with Kate Beckinsale'

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
My lord, how FUN does that look?!?!?

Bucket list item #1. Ok, number 2 after 'hook up with Kate Beckinsale'
I hope you aren't planning to do them in order... if you are, well, frankly you are never gonna get to number 2 'cause number 1 ain't happening.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I hope you aren't planning to do them in order... if you are, well, frankly you are never gonna get to number 2 'cause number 1 ain't happening.
1. Get a janitorial job cleaning movie set trailers.
2. Plant roofies
3. Book airfare to Germany

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Looked like he was flying....that track looks amazingly challenging.
Looked like he was at the slip of angle of many of the turns with some good catches with the hands.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looked like he was flying....that track looks amazingly challenging.
Looked like he was at the slip of angle of many of the turns with some good catches with the hands.
Agreed. It's apparent that he's driven that track many times.

I'm heading over to the ring next September. Renting an Exige S240 from RSR which is why I stumbled across this video. Trying to learn the track by next year!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Well... he made it around.... can't say I'm overly impressed with his driving skills. It looks fast but in reality it isn't. I lost count of how many times he almost losses it and his top speed was only about 130 mph

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STl442S5Q6I&feature=colike-
I agree, he made it around. Nothing special about the driving except it's on The Ring. This is not like some vids of driving there that I'm in awe over, slightly above average driver going over his limit several times. :shift:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think there is a difference between knowing the slip angle of your tires and the limit of your car and having the confidence to go over the limit knowing you can correct it, and losing control. I believe this guy is in the former category.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I think he's done that kind of thing before. :nanner2:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I think there is a difference between knowing the slip angle of your tires and the limit of your car and having the confidence to go over the limit knowing you can correct it, and losing control. I believe this guy is in the former category.
That would be a very true statement if it were not for the sheer number of times that this driver had to use "quick hands" to save the car from becoming one with a wall.
An accomplished driver can manage slip angle of his cars tires with nearly no perception of it happening from the vantage point of a youtube video. The driving in this video is sloppy and I'm sure the odds have caught up with this driver in a video he did not bother to post. :shrug:

Good luck on your trip to the ring! I'm sure it will be an awesome experience!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sounds like he doesn't rev match. (unless he is the greatest rev marcher of all time) Plus it seemed he was out of the power band a lot.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts