The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I've always liked these. I'm not sure I could handle not having roll down windows though. I think there are a few former(?) Lotus owners currently building these.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I really like these...commonly come with ls v8s and Porsche transaxles but apparently readily take about anything...

I haven't seen many online finished to street spec most are in race trim

·
Registered
188 Posts
Too bad its not street legal :-(
No, it definitely IS street legal. It was at C&C in Great Falls a few weeks back. I've been doing a lot of research into these, and at this point, would be the only car I would give up my Exige for.

I've seen one running at a NASA event. It basically destroyed every other car on the track that day including a F430 Scud. It nearly outlapped the second place car at the NASA TTU championship last year, and I'd heard it wasn't even completely sorted out.

Looks + Performance + Street Legal...:drool: Now to convince the wife..

·
Registered
350 Posts
i built an LS9 w/ ricardo transaxle last winter.... in excel :p
when i win the lottery to build the beast proper, it'll definitely be the first car in the stable :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Runaway! I've been researching the SLC and the GTM. Seems the the SLC is one of the easiest kit cars to build. Not so with the FF. The fiberglass bodies on the GTMs appear to be a nightmare. Think hundreds of hours to get the fiberglass refinished, fixed, and panels gaps sorted. YMMV, just what I've read.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I run in the NASA great lakes region. The superlite ran in su and of the races I saw it at it only finished one race and that was the national championships. It was fast...but they had lots of issues all season. This year there is a Daytona Prototype but Ralph at V2 may run his DSR at Nationals but in April at mid Ohio he almost lapped the prototype in a 30 min. race. He also killed the track record...

Anyway, if you have the know how the superlite looks very cool and offers fantastic performance. Plus they are streetable!

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
I run in the NASA great lakes region. The superlite ran in su and of the races I saw it at it only finished one race and that was the national championships. It was fast...but they had lots of issues all season. This year there is a Daytona Prototype but Ralph at V2 may run his DSR at Nationals but in April at mid Ohio he almost lapped the prototype in a 30 min. race. He also killed the track record...

Anyway, if you have the know how the superlite looks very cool and offers fantastic performance. Plus they are streetable!
cool car, but i think you mean streetable from a legal stand point.
i have no experience with these cars but looking at the low profile and the front overhang i cant imagine street driving this car very much.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Stacey David, the guy with the awesome haircut on Gearz did a really good build and review of the SLC on his show. Here's a link: Projects: The SL-C | Stacey David's GearZ
Funny you mention that. I've watched the show before and he's got this awkward laugh thing he does and that hair is just 'huh'? I think maybe he moonlights in a 80's hair band.

·
Registered
742 Posts
:drool::drool::drool:

I was wondering where you go from Lotus and now I know

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
There was one at Supercar Saturday this weekend. Had an LS power plant.

It's INSANELY low. If a GT40 is 40 inches high, then the F5 is like 35 inches!
according to the specs it sits 42.5" tall.
it doesnt look lower than my gt40, hard to tell in pics but the roof is taller than the guy's waist standing by it.
im abt 5'9" and my waist was taller than the roof of the 40.
almost. :)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Their slc street in orange on their page looks sick...I'd want a screaming motor though not a roaring. Even though it's probably the cheapest and most reliable I'd probably look for something other than an ls v8.

You can get the boss mustang coyote v8 in a crate motor from ford now..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts