The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone going to do about replacement tires if you live hours away from a dealer. Should we just buy an extra tire to have incase. And if you have a blowout, do we just automatically plan on calling a wrecker, and if so does anyone know what insurance companies such as AAA to have for these situations with the proper type of wreckers?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Fix a flat to get you home. I'm sure after a few months the tires will be available through some of the big tire warehoues.

Chris

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Which tire would you buy? The fronts are different size and the tires are directional plus you can't switch L-R as far as I know. Wou'ln we need a whole set sitting around? I know a great deal on some retreads LOL.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Chris has it right, put a couple of cans of Fix-a-flat in the car and hope you don't hve to deal with a blow out. My M5 has no spare and just has a small compressor and fix a flat goo in the trunk. But in the last 7-8 years the only problem I have had on any of my cars was a slow leak in a valve stem that I caught in the drive way. I guess I have been lucky, I would also suggest AAA.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't know about the regulations in US but I think
Bridgestone RE040 or Yokohama A048 are available in Elise Mk2-dimensions.
Toyo also should have tyres in the needed dimension.
Matthias

·
Registered
22 Posts
My tyres usually last from one inspection to the next (10.000 miles).

I just let the dealer know a few weeks in advance that I'll need new tyres, too.

I had to use fix-a-flat once, and it worked perfect. Drove to the nearest Lotus dealer and had the tyre replaced there.

·
Registered
112 Posts
These tires are CHEAP!

:clap:

I can basically buy wheels and tires for the Elise for the price of a set of Michelin Pilot Sport Cups for my previous sports car. YAY!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts