The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that X-mas and chanaka are over, what are you going to buy for yourself? Or could you not resist buying yourself a thing of two while shopping for others?

I was out and could not resist the offer of the "Friday" dvd for only $15! I had to have it. But now that the holiday buying (for others) season is over.... I have to get those camber plates that I want so bad!

·
Registered
118 Posts
uhh... despite everyones protest and my own sense of good judgement. I finally bought that Fiat. It's a bucket of rust right now, and will probably take a year just to get rolling, but how can you turn down a sub 1600lb car for $350.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
woodrufj said:
... how can you turn down a sub 1600lb car for $350.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota
That is a good question Jay. I think that I would have to be on your side for this one, I would have bought it if I were in your shoes :)

And Vincent, good luck with that house hunt, it is a long and messy road filled with pot holes the size of big rig trucks! :( Natalie and I went down that road a while back (99') and we were left with such a bad taste in our mouth's that we have yet to look again. We are thinking that we maybe this summer we will be willing to try it again. Good luck dude! ;)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
What I bought-

Alien statues. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
That's no alien, that's my ex-wife!:D

I got the usual but nice stuff.

As for what's next, that's easy: new clutch and flywheel for the Miata.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i got some really cool stuff, but my next "me" purchase will probably be coilovers/camberplates....hopefully by March for the Nats and Pro

·
Registered
125 Posts
What a dork I am...

A 10" fine cut steel by Messermeister that actually fits in my knife block.

A pair of loafers with a woven instep and a pair of running shoes.

A case of "Golden Rose" Ale from Hair of the Dog brewery.

Does the kart count? :D

-la (decided against more Calphalon...no room in the cupboard)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well I was hoping some one would give me the Angels Official World Series DVD and my Sister Vicque did and Russ gave me the Official 2002 Angels Annual. What a year!

I plan on buying myself the Advance design suspension. Just trying to reconcile my conflicting emotions. Do I want to pay that much money and then be completely out of excuses! :(

Art

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
I didn't get much for Christmas, mostly clothes and money. I'm thinking that I'll just buy myself more stock for my Roth IRA.

Then if I actually save money... a dedicated race car at some point.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Trys_Hard said:

I plan on buying myself the Advance design suspension. Just trying to reconcile my conflicting emotions. Do I want to pay that much money and then be completely out of excuses! :(

Art
Or, you could buy a kart with the same amount of money and be able to go for TTD! Not to mention the weak drivers in F125 locally...would be *so easy* to take them out. ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chris Robertson said:
I didn't get much for Christmas, mostly clothes and money.
Pardon me if I seem to be rude, but BOO HUU!

You didn't get much ....but bags of money! ;)

I think that you need to buy that racecar

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
Gunnar said:
Pardon me if I seem to be rude, but BOO HUU!

You didn't get much ....but bags of money! ;)

I think that you need to buy that racecar
Lol well not enough to pay for anything but bills :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
i got gunnar pie but i ate it. mmmm goood.
my land scaper showed up xmas eve and gave me new back yard.
didn't see that coming.
all i wanted to get for xmas was someone to come along and buy my roadster. but oooohhhh no i got a new back yard insted

·
Registered
33 Posts
"I got music, I got rythym, I got my gal and who could ask for anything more?" Oh yeah, I got some tools, a new computer, some clothes, bike clothes for my club, and you guys as racing buds, "who could ask for anything more?"?

Cary

1 - 16 of 16 Posts