The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am wondering what else is available for the Elise besides the sports suspension option offered through lotus. Anyone have any options out there and pricing if there are any?

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
How will you be using the car? What are your goals for it?

The stock suspension doesn't exactly suck. I just drove to a local autocross and had the raw FTD against plenty of trailered cars on Hoosiers, Kumhos, real Goodyear slicks, etc. Stock street alignment, tire pressures, and half tank of gas.

More can be had from the car with some setup and tuning certainly. My point is that the car is wickedly fast already. All I had to do was put the junk back in the trunk after a day of autocrossing. No jacking, tire swapping or whatever. Of course at a larger event things would be different, but the car flat out flies as is.

Totally street stock with no changes at all...I don't think any other car can touch it. The ZO6 on its street tires are about even with an LTS car within tenths it appears. But the LSS can take 'em and still get reasonable life on the street.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
There should be Penskes available soon. I use my car mostly on road courses and am going to go with either Penskes or Motons eventually. The stock shocks are great but they lack adjustability. I would like to have a setup that can be properly corner weighted and adjusted for different conditions.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
offroadr35 said:
There should be Penskes available soon. I use my car mostly on road courses and am going to go with either Penskes or Motons eventually. The stock shocks are great but they lack adjustability. I would like to have a setup that can be properly corner weighted and adjusted for different conditions.
Thanks. I am planning on some penskes for my viper. I hope the prices for the Elise are cheaper.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Can the Elise Nitrons use the Factory springs? Factory springs have roughly a 1 7/8 ID and are barrel shaped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts