The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 21, turning 22 in 16 days. I have a Mitsubishi lancer 08

Lotus Exige has been my dream car (yes dream car...lotus..not ferarri not lambo, lotus) since i was 15. I'm in Canada and with the garbage economy, i think i may be able to buy my first house in 3-4 years. after the house i will buy my lotus.

But i want to know, how old were you when you first got your lotus? and what did you do for a living to afford that? if you were young, did you get help from parents? or are you driving your parent's lotus?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I design medical buildings and bought my Exige at 38 y/o. Never had an interest in Lotus until the Exige, not even the Elise. The Exige did it for me. But I still have two Porsches and had three, but sold my beloved 944S2 cabrio. The economy was better when I purchased these cars, far better.

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
21. 1970 Lotus Europa S2. Bought it w/out parents' help, no was not living at home.

·
Registered
443 Posts
57-58 - last year. I made a point of taking possession on my birthday, so its a birthday present to myself.

I've followed Lotus since I was about 10, but this this was the first time it all came together. The Europa, Elite and Elan didn't do much for me, but the Elise did. I'm retired but able to afford it because of inheritance. The value will not drop very fast so its almost a liquid asset.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I think I was 6 or 7 years old.
I got help from my parents, since I didn't have a job and they still liked me a lot

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
I bought my Exige S for my 28th birthday (best b-day present ever). I'm a dentist/artist. I just started my own dental practice back in October. It's definitely hard to be a business owner in today's economy.

Any LT members in Jersey need a dentist? I am America's future best dentist. (Shameless plug) Seriously though don't let my age fool you. I have natural talent that guys who have been practicing for 30 yrs can't even compare.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really like the evora and its a very "mature" looking sports car but thats out of the question.

The exige is still too much car for me at the moment. i think the elise will be my goal. i got demolished on the stock exchange, my RSP lost 50% (thank gosh im not retiring for a few decades) my music teaching business is starting to pick up.

Would you recommend buying a used lotus?

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
can't remember that far back, early 30's i think? maybe late 20's? gosh... i realy don't remember! hmm.. late 20's i think.

·
Registered
62 Posts
28... lots of overtime from may to november last year....

·
Registered
172 Posts
22 years old. It's paid off now.

·
Disingenuous Minion
637 Posts
35 for my first, now 44 for my second. I've had some great cars before and in between (still do) but the Elise stuck a nerve. Might not ever sell the '05 I just bought - really regret selling the first.

No help from my parents...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Last years lotus

I was 32...paid cash.

·
Registered
821 Posts
24, bought it used...cause that's what I do.
oh and if it matters I'm a Nurse...also putting my wife through school...or I'd have a lot of stuff on order for the Elise.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts